Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Desktop wallpaper site Has Stolen images.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown
24 Feb 2012 - 7:39 AM

Quote: I meant cause flash isn't compatible with an ipad!

Oh I see!

Unsurprisingly, I don't own one either!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Feb 2012 - 7:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ChrisStyles
24 Feb 2012 - 11:13 AM

So I take it the answer is post and be happyGrin

Codiac
Codiac  7304 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
29 Feb 2012 - 12:04 PM

Just an update on this. They ignored my emails so i filled in a DCMA complaint form with google and it was taken off within a day.
The owner then had a cheek to send me a message complaining that i had gone about it the wrong way and should have contacted them directly, claiming that they didnt receive any requests from me to remove the picture and sent me a link to a brand new copyright page that they have added this week.
He also said "I have download the photo from other site. we just collect photos and upload to our sites. if any author contacted us regarding his image on our site. we remove that from our site. as ur photo has no gold stars so its not generating to much income for me."
Some cheek, it shouldnt generate 1p for him.
I have also contacted a large stock site that owns another of the pictures.

i think ill just ignore him now.
happy now its resolved but i suppose it could appear on any number of these wallpaper sites

iboomz
iboomz  1
15 Jan 2013 - 5:06 AM

Quote: Hi All. I Just found one of my images on this site
www.win7wallpapers.com
They offer very hi-res copies for free download. No idea how they managed such a good copy.
You might want to have a look and make sure they dont have yours.
I have sent them a mail asking to remove it.
Not sure what else to do but its a little worrying as they are good quality images.

Gary

hi Mr.Gary macparland

As it's concerned about stealing images, i would like to request you to read the www.win7wallpapers.com/copyright.html
for http://www.win7wallpapers.com site. there's clearly mentioned that the wallpapers & images are been added to our sites from internet sources.

NOTE: WE DON'T SELL YOUR WORK ON OUR WEBSITE, UNTIL WE OBTAIN SELLING RIGHTS FROM ITS ORIGINAL AUTHORS TO DO SO;

if you find any of your you are requested to remove your quality work from our site or to be get credited.
and we request to all reputed authors to go though our website, dug for your quality work and mail us at dj.iboomz[at]gmail.com
you will get a quickest possible response for your mail to get your work removed or credited as on your requested.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014006 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 6:07 AM

Quote: there's clearly mentioned that the wallpapers & images are been added to our sites from internet sources.

So you are freely admiting to taking those images without obtaining permission.

Quote:
NOTE: WE DON'T SELL YOUR WORK ON OUR WEBSITE, UNTIL WE OBTAIN SELLING RIGHTS FROM ITS ORIGINAL AUTHORS TO DO SO;

But you will happily take the revenue from the advertising on your site without sharing any of it with the artists who's work is generating the traffic for you.

Quote: if you find any of your you are requested to remove your quality work from our site or to be get credited.
and we request to all reputed authors to go though our website, dug for your quality work and mail us at dj.iboomz[at]gmail.com
you will get a quickest possible response for your mail to get your work removed or credited as on your requested.

Or to translate "if we have stolen any of your pictures and you find out then we will remove them as we know we are in the wrong".

iboomz
iboomz  1
15 Jan 2013 - 6:22 AM

the problem with the world is.

"if some one confess himself about something he had went wrong, & trying to correct it with peace"

"World says you are guilty and had to be punished at the extent" rather finding who is doing that illegal matters without Fear.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014006 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 7:20 AM

No the problem is people deliberately stealing other peoples copyrighted images in order to benefit themselves.

Seriously you expect us to believe that you can write a script to collect images from across the web yet you can't manage the 2 or 3 lines of code necessary to link back to the original site ?

If you want to correct things with peace. Take the site down, remove all images and then only use images once you have permission.

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 15 Jan 2013 - 7:22 AM
iboomz
iboomz  1
15 Jan 2013 - 7:22 AM

if an image contains an EXIF data it is automatically linked:

lobsterboy
15 Jan 2013 - 7:28 AM

Quote: If an image contains an EXIF data it is automatically linked:

Why would it require exit data? You know what site you stole the image from.
Either way you are stealing peoples work then giving it away for free without permissions being obtained.

iboomz
iboomz  1
15 Jan 2013 - 7:33 AM

there are many other users who creates an wallpaper packs, for demo go to avaxhome.ws/graphics
which is the root..

the images are downloaded in bulk.

so how will someone find the original site to link.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014406 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 7:38 AM

Get a camera, and take some pictures yourself; wouldn't that be the honest way to do things?

iboomz
iboomz  1
15 Jan 2013 - 7:50 AM

i have purchased Canon 550D after receiving this complain by Mr.gray macparland, the starter of this thread. and i can understand how difficult to get a perfect shot. it consumes a lot of time, and investment on lenses.

and i apologize for that.

lobsterboy
15 Jan 2013 - 7:57 AM

Quote: the images are downloaded in bulk.
so how will someone find the original site to link.

Not my problem, but I would suggest if you actively sought permission from the copyright holders in the fiirst place then it wouldn't be a problem.
You seem to be operating under the assumption that you have the right to use images unless the owner objects, wheras you only have the right to use the images if the owner allows you to.

User_Removed
15 Jan 2013 - 11:58 AM

Quote: He admitted that it had taken some sophisticated programmes but would not say how he did it, professional pride I suppose

Probably pressed the Print Screen button then pasted into a new document. 5 second job.

Broken
Broken  3 England
29 Jan 2013 - 12:41 PM

The only way around it is to watermark all of your images right across the picture. It's not ideal, but does stop any being stolen. I have even heard of friends who are artists being ripped off the same way.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.