Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

DeviantART.com

29 Jun 2008 1:17PM
Have you heard of DeviantART.com?
If you have what do you think of it?
Do you have an account there?

I have heard of the site, i think its a good site but you don't get good critique on your photography there like you do here.
I do have an account though Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
29 Jun 2008 1:31PM
Well, I don't about you but I take photographs and don't produce 'deviations'. It's the archness of that site that puts me right off it.
bmh1 e2
8 571 1 United Kingdom
29 Jun 2008 11:16PM
I do have a dA account, but I mainly use it for a few non-photographic odds and ends which don't really belong on ePz, (and I'm not really a typical dA type person ...)

There are a few other people who I've noticed having accounts on both sites.
RachelMB 8 42 10 England
30 Jun 2008 8:06AM
I've been on deviantART for a few years. I mostly use it for my drawings and paintings, but I've put up some photography too (most of which is also on here Wink).
It's definately different to EPZ, but I like it. I know what you mean about the critique, carolynviolet - even if you click 'advanced critique wanted' the most I seem to get is 'it looks good but I don't like the eye...'. And that's if I get comments at all Wink
Strobe 7 1.3k United States
30 Jun 2008 9:15AM
I have recently joined and think it is great, there are some fantastic photographers on the site. The big difference I have found is the appreciation for different styles of photography and since joining I feel I have become more creative and started experimenting more Smile
Fishnet 10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
30 Jun 2008 10:51AM
I joined a few years ago but haven't got round to putting anything up yet,some of the photos on there are really wonderful though, I love looking through the 'people' category.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.