Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Did he get it right? The Apprentice final!!!

janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2009 11:38PM
Well I reckon this was the best so far! Thought both girls were good but Yasmina, to my mind, was the better candidate. This was one of the very few programmes that I would not miss. Anyone else think it was the right choice or should it have been some one else?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Henchard e2
9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 8:13AM
Does anyone really care?
peterjones e2
12 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 8:32AM
Apprentice is great fun to watch but like most things on TV not in my view to be taken terribly seriously Smile
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
9 Jun 2009 8:37AM
I think it was the right choice.
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 9:15AM

Quote:Does anyone really care?

....not me, that's for sure :

.....Mike
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
9 Jun 2009 9:42AM
In defence of The Apprentice, it is a decent "bridging" program (like Dragon's Den) - i.e. making a dry/serious subject like business more appealing to the masses by adding in that "reality", competition and "human" factor.

Its entertainment that you can learn from, if you actaully pay attention, or you can just watch it as a gladiatorial battle of egos, so works on 2 levels.

With that in mind, I think it definitely stands apart from the world of light entertainment, such as the soaps, X-Factor and other dumbed down telly such as game shows.

As for who won - well I think James would have been an amusing victor, but Yasmina did seem to have her head screwed on throughout so probably was the right winner.
stevie e2
11 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 10:33AM
I watch very little television but I did watch this series of 'The Apprentice'. I found it very entertaining, I enjoyed the interaction between the contestants and their varied approach to the tasks. For me, Yasmina was a worthy winner, although Kate was also excellent.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Jun 2009 11:04AM
I don't think Yasmina will stay long with Sir A.

She's been self-employed for a number of years and fitting into a corporate environment may be a bit claustrophobic.

From that point of view Kate may have been a better choice foir the long term.
montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 11:06AM
I would have employed Kate - but that is probably why I don't have a multi-million pound empire to pay for.

They were both first class Apprentices - but for me Kate edged it.
Fishnet e2
10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 11:16AM
I don't think Srallen puts any thought into who he picks other than leaving the loud mouths in for as long as possible for entertainment value, I don't think he expects them to actually stay with him for long afterwards either so he doesn't really care, and look at the wonderful, high profile, amazingly creative, business minded job he got for them too, providing GP's surgeries with digital message boards, oooohhh!!!!

Yasmina did not stand out from the rest at all, so I wouldn't read any deep thought into it.
montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 11:27AM
Good point Fishnet.

I thought it was interesting that not all of the Apprentices came back to help with the final task. Wonder why?
Fishnet e2
10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 11:29AM
Probably realised what a waste of time it was or couldn't stand Yasmina and didn't want to help her win lol

I thought Rocky looked like he really wished he'd stayed at home.
montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 11:32AM

Quote:Probably realised what a waste of time it was or couldn't stand Yasmina and didn't want to help her win lol

I thought Rocky looked like he really wished he'd stayed at home.

Rocky looked like a rabbit in car headlights at one stage we thought
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
9 Jun 2009 11:38AM

Quote:Good point Fishnet.

I thought it was interesting that not all of the Apprentices came back to help with the final task. Wonder why?

They only ever have teams of 5 in the final... I think...
montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 11:42AM

Quote:Quote:Good point Fishnet.

I thought it was interesting that not all of the Apprentices came back to help with the final task. Wonder why?They only ever have teams of 5 in the final... I think...

I was just curious as to the selection process......................

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.