Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Did he get it right? The Apprentice final!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

janeez
janeez e2 Member 51178 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2009 - 11:38 PM

Well I reckon this was the best so far! Thought both girls were good but Yasmina, to my mind, was the better candidate. This was one of the very few programmes that I would not miss. Anyone else think it was the right choice or should it have been some one else?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jun 2009 - 11:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Henchard
Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 8:13 AM

Does anyone really care?

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123860 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 8:32 AM

Apprentice is great fun to watch but like most things on TV not in my view to be taken terribly seriously Smile

Last Modified By peterjones at 9 Jun 2009 - 8:33 AM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 8:37 AM

I think it was the right choice.

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93488 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
9 Jun 2009 - 9:15 AM

Quote: Does anyone really care?

....not me, that's for sure :

.....Mike

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014749 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 9:42 AM

In defence of The Apprentice, it is a decent "bridging" program (like Dragon's Den) - i.e. making a dry/serious subject like business more appealing to the masses by adding in that "reality", competition and "human" factor.

Its entertainment that you can learn from, if you actaully pay attention, or you can just watch it as a gladiatorial battle of egos, so works on 2 levels.

With that in mind, I think it definitely stands apart from the world of light entertainment, such as the soaps, X-Factor and other dumbed down telly such as game shows.

As for who won - well I think James would have been an amusing victor, but Yasmina did seem to have her head screwed on throughout so probably was the right winner.

stevie
stevie e2 Member 101198 forum postsstevie vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 10:33 AM

I watch very little television but I did watch this series of 'The Apprentice'. I found it very entertaining, I enjoyed the interaction between the contestants and their varied approach to the tasks. For me, Yasmina was a worthy winner, although Kate was also excellent.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 11:04 AM

I don't think Yasmina will stay long with Sir A.

She's been self-employed for a number of years and fitting into a corporate environment may be a bit claustrophobic.

From that point of view Kate may have been a better choice foir the long term.

montechoro
montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 11:06 AM

I would have employed Kate - but that is probably why I don't have a multi-million pound empire to pay for.

They were both first class Apprentices - but for me Kate edged it.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 11:16 AM

I don't think Srallen puts any thought into who he picks other than leaving the loud mouths in for as long as possible for entertainment value, I don't think he expects them to actually stay with him for long afterwards either so he doesn't really care, and look at the wonderful, high profile, amazingly creative, business minded job he got for them too, providing GP's surgeries with digital message boards, oooohhh!!!!

Yasmina did not stand out from the rest at all, so I wouldn't read any deep thought into it.

montechoro
9 Jun 2009 - 11:27 AM

Good point Fishnet.

I thought it was interesting that not all of the Apprentices came back to help with the final task. Wonder why?

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 11:29 AM

Probably realised what a waste of time it was or couldn't stand Yasmina and didn't want to help her win lol

I thought Rocky looked like he really wished he'd stayed at home.

montechoro
9 Jun 2009 - 11:32 AM

Quote: Probably realised what a waste of time it was or couldn't stand Yasmina and didn't want to help her win lol

I thought Rocky looked like he really wished he'd stayed at home.

Rocky looked like a rabbit in car headlights at one stage we thought

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014749 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2009 - 11:38 AM

Quote: Good point Fishnet.

I thought it was interesting that not all of the Apprentices came back to help with the final task. Wonder why?

They only ever have teams of 5 in the final... I think...

montechoro
9 Jun 2009 - 11:42 AM

Quote: Quote:Good point Fishnet.

I thought it was interesting that not all of the Apprentices came back to help with the final task. Wonder why?They only ever have teams of 5 in the final... I think...

I was just curious as to the selection process......................

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.