Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Didn't He Do Well

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 1:35 AM

Bruce finally gets his knighthood at the age of 83.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Jun 2011 - 1:35 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139444 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 1:44 AM

If he was major contributor to a political party he would have got it decades ago! Wink

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 2:53 AM

Nice to see it, to see it..
....niiiiiice Smile

User_Removed
11 Jun 2011 - 9:23 AM

What's he been given this for?

Is it for presenting crap like Play Your Cards Right and Strictly Celebrity Something for vast sums of our money?

User_Removed
11 Jun 2011 - 10:01 AM

My apologies. That was a bit grumpy of me, got out of the wrong side of the bed and it was the first item on the radio news. Plus saying MPs had campaigned for it. Then he goes on about how hard he's worked. The undue importance of it annoyed me! Then it was on here! Rarrrrrrrrrrrr Tongue

Last Modified By User_Removed at 11 Jun 2011 - 10:02 AM
collywobles
11 Jun 2011 - 10:03 AM

The whole award system has got out of hand and it should be assigned to the history books. How on earth does an entertainer or sportsman get it when there are people who contribute to our society far more than these hangers on do!.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 10:22 AM

Quote: there are people who contribute to our society far more than these hangers on do!.

They also get awards, you know. My late father got an MBE and he was neither a sportsman nor an entertainer - neither was he famous.

If you know someone who you feel is deserving, all you have to do is to make a case for why you feel they are worthy of an award and then submit it to the right people.

Or is it easier just to sit back and moan about 'The System'?

JamesGarfield
11 Jun 2011 - 10:33 AM

I'm really pleased for him, he's been making me laugh all my life, I haven't always liked all of his shows but at the end of the day he came from a poor background, has worked hard all of his life and is still working at 83 and has finally gotten some recognition for entertaining the public for all of that time, good game good game!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139444 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 10:35 AM

Quote: If you know someone who you feel is deserving, all you have to do is to make a case for why you feel they are worthy of an award and then submit it to the right people.

Absolutely. Details, including a form you can download, here.

So far as I know every country has some sort of honours system. And it is not unusual at all for entertainers and sportspersons, the world over, to get them - along with others who are not high profile at all. If you look on the honours list which has just come out, I'll bet you will not have heard of 95%+ of the people on it.

Last Modified By Carabosse at 11 Jun 2011 - 10:38 AM
joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 10:43 AM

CB, stop agreeing with me! This is starting to be a habit and it's very worrying.... Tongue Wink

indemnity
indemnity  6329 forum posts
11 Jun 2011 - 11:06 AM

25% of honours are given to Civil Servants...in reward for doing a job for which they have already been generously paid for.

collywobles
11 Jun 2011 - 11:24 AM

Quote: They also get awards, you know. My late father got an MBE and he was neither a sportsman nor an entertainer

Yes I do realise this and they get it deservedly so, its the others I refer to who - how on earth did that Elton John become a Sir - well maybe I can think of one............ 3

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64431 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 11:32 AM

I work with a woman who was awarded an MBE and I can't think of a more deserving person. She works flat out and is inspirational. Can't say I'm enthused by the likes of Bruce Forsyth in the same way somehow. Grin

Last Modified By SlowSong at 11 Jun 2011 - 11:33 AM
Jestertheclown
11 Jun 2011 - 12:22 PM

Just goes to show how pointless the awards system has become.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 12:49 PM

Quote: Just goes to show how pointless the awards system has become.

are you complaining about Pete's choices now? Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.