Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

diet low no sugar soft drinks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

youmightlikethis
youmightlikethis e2 Member 111003 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
28 Sep 2013 - 7:32 PM

as an alternative to water what low /no sugar soft drink would you take

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Sep 2013 - 7:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB
KevSB  101404 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2013 - 7:50 PM

I drink Pepsi max or the like,a ltd bottle has about 20 cals.most suger free are the same

Mozzytheboy
Mozzytheboy e2 Member 3550 forum postsMozzytheboy vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2013 - 8:35 PM

Being boring ... water water water. Cokepepsi muck rots the guts. Water is just well, pure; why try to reinvent the wheel?

Mozzy

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014446 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2013 - 10:15 PM

I drink Club Soda water, (carbonated) with a very low salt content, no carbs no calories, and I add just under an inch of a combination of 50% pomegranate juice and 50% blueberry or cherry juice in a water glass. The juice has no sugar added, only what's naturally in it. You must be careful that you don't get high salt content soda water.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 28 Sep 2013 - 10:16 PM
StrayCat
28 Sep 2013 - 10:17 PM

Put a nail in a glass of coke or pepsi for a few days.Tongue There have been ongoing studies in the US to determine the cause of bone deffinciency in children and young adults, and one of the findings is that coke and pepsi prevent the body from absorbing vitamin D.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 28 Sep 2013 - 10:19 PM
justin c
justin c  104512 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2013 - 10:26 PM

Skimmed milk Smile

thebobbyshaw
28 Sep 2013 - 11:40 PM

Water; sugar free or diet drinks normally contain aspartame or saccharin and both of them taste bloody awful.....

monstersnowman
29 Sep 2013 - 5:02 AM

Just as a balance, studies have shown (although you can pay for any study to return the things you are looking for - much the same as statistics), that the increase in consumption of bottled water has also shown a correlation with the increase in dental health problems (decay/loss etc) due to bottled water not being flouride treated ... And people with healthy diets show increased dental health issues due to higher consumption of high sugar fruit drinks and lower consumption of flouride treated tap water .. In short .. I havent got a clue who to believe ... Or which is best overall !!!!

redsnappa
redsnappa  111898 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Sep 2013 - 10:18 AM

Quote: Put a nail in a glass of coke or pepsi for a few days.

And water will make the nail rust, what would US scientists make of that?

RichardN00
RichardN00 e2 Member 8427 forum postsRichardN00 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2013 - 12:41 PM

Quote: Put a nail in a glass of coke or pepsi for a few days

Or put it in a citric acid solution and make Irn Bru Wink

Seriously, I'm diabetic so can only really have low calorie soft drinks, I find most of them taste disgusting after the first few mouthfuls due to the cheap sweetener after-taste.

There are a few 'hint of' water ones that aren't too bad but normally any that taste half way decent are bloody expensive Sad

The only thing apart from water that I can tolerate much of is home made iced tea sweetened with just a bit of Splenda

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72143 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2013 - 1:08 PM

If I drink cola, I drink full fat Coca-Cola - It's the real thing!
Anything else pales into insignificance.

KevSB
KevSB  101404 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2013 - 3:34 PM

Quote: Put a nail in a glass of coke or pepsi for a few days.
And water will make the nail rust, what would US scientists make of that?

Loved that, Must remember lol

Bridgelayer
29 Sep 2013 - 4:10 PM

Water with a good slice of Lemon or Lime. It tastes just as god when it's hot and won't rot your guts like Cola. (Not saying what it'll do to your teeth!)

Kako
Kako  8136 forum posts
29 Sep 2013 - 4:25 PM

I'd avoid anything with artificial sweeteners in as they all have a negative health impact and some like aspartame may well kill you.

StrayCat
29 Sep 2013 - 8:26 PM

I'm diabetic also, and that's why I drink what I do. Straight water is so boring, but I drink my share of that also, and several good strong cups of hot tea sans sugar or milk.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.