Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Different photo locations in Cambridge

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    johnnyboy114
    21 Apr 2010 - 1:29 PM

Hi again

Sorry to bother everyone again, but the plan has changed. Derelict buildings in the sense of old abandoned houses and industrial places are not on the menu anymore. But places like old stately homes, castles, windmills etc are. So was wondering if anyone knows of anything like THIS now that would make a good photographic location in the Cambridge area?

Any suggestions are all very, very welcome!

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Apr 2010 - 1:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

narfish
    narfish  4 United Kingdom
    21 Apr 2010 - 2:28 PM

I can highly recommend Ely Cathedral which is about 25mins away from Cambridge just off the A10. In fact Ely itself has its fair share of interesting and historical buildings.
    Obviously the various University and College campus's in Cambridge are quite grand as well.
    As for windmills, Norfolk is probably your best bet there, the Fens and the Broads. A useful site for Norfolk if you are ever out that way is www.scenicnorfolk.co.uk.

A good site for inspiration is Keith Taylors www.cambridgeimages.co.uk - there's some great images there of places for you to explore for yourself

johnnyboy114
    21 Apr 2010 - 2:42 PM

Hi Narfish

That great, thanks! I am looking more for locations that will be conducive to model shooting...sorry, I should have said that. I need to get either inside to the buildings to shoot or at least very close outside for the effect. But, I did think of Ely as inspiration to be honest.....not a bad idea....hopefully something small and accessible might come from that. Thanks! Will use the website you have sent as inspiration!

John

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Apr 2010 - 3:04 PM

If you want one of the colleges, St John's is lovely, with the bridge of sighs and just over it a lovely cloistered walk. Not sure where you would stand on doing a model shoot there though, you would probably have to ask permission.

johnnyboy114
    21 Apr 2010 - 4:05 PM

Hi Whip,

I did think of the colleges, but like you said, could be tough to get a permit to take pics and use a model. It is lovely down there though. Agreed! Will have to keep thinking I reckon...was also thinking more out of town maybe......just thought there would be less people to distract us too. She is a first time model, so reckon that less hassle and distraction might help her feel a bit more comfortable I reckon....

Thanks for the heads up though!

John

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Apr 2010 - 4:51 PM

I've got a friend coming to me for a shoot on Friday. We are going to start at hubbys factory as they have a swimming pool and then head out to a ruined church. Not much of it left, but some nice stonework.

johnnyboy114
    21 Apr 2010 - 4:52 PM

Ruined church you say? Hmmmm....where would that be? lol! Sounds like it could be interesting.....

John

BigRick
    BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Apr 2010 - 6:30 PM

You could always come to the Cambridge meet on the 8th of May... Smile Have a look for the thread, and in the meetings page. Smile

johnnyboy114
    21 Apr 2010 - 6:35 PM

Hi Rick

Will have a look around for that, nice one! But have a feeling I am away that weekend and need somewhere to use this weekend. But will look out for that, cheers!

John

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91033 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2010 - 10:24 PM

What about the derelict building on the A14 near Cambridge Services? Not sure what access is like, but it is very derelict (and I believe it is right next to a junction).Google Maps link

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91033 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2010 - 10:26 PM

In fact the Trinity Foot pub next door to it is all boarded up too (and for sale)... perhaps talk to the vendor to get inside?

BigRick
    BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2010 - 10:28 PM

Quote: What about the derelict building on the A14 near Cambridge Services? Not sure what access is like, but it is very derelict (and I believe it is right next to a junction).Google Maps link

Loads of modified car shoots take place there.... max power etc use it alot.

Scutter
    Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2010 - 10:43 PM

Ahh the Trinity Foot; used to be a great place for Fish & chips!Sad

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.