Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

digital camera 100-150

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    n3m3sis
    n3m3sis  1 United Kingdom
    17 Mar 2013 - 5:02 PM

Hi,
    i'm looking to buy a digital camera and would like some recomendations.
    i would like one that has the ability to screw filters onto the lens.as i have some filters for a slr camera would these fit a digital camera?
    camera does not need to be new would consider a used one.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Mar 2013 - 5:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Mar 2013 - 5:37 PM

Welcome to EPZ, Michael. Smile

What thread size are the filters you own, and what camera do you use at present?

Digital doesn't really come into it. It all depends on the filter thread size of the lens(es).

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214383 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Mar 2013 - 8:50 PM

Quote: camera does not need to be new would consider a used one

150 does not get you a lot these days, but looking here can be a good start there are several between 150 and 200.

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Secondhand-Search/?SHMake=&SHModel=&SHType=Com...

This is probably the best deal they have, close to your budget.

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Olympus-EP-1-+14-42+-FL-14-flash.-SAVE-70.00-WAS-...

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 18 Mar 2013 - 8:54 PM
    ste_p0270
    ste_p0270  257 forum posts England
    18 Mar 2013 - 9:44 PM

currys (cough) are selling off a few CSC's for just a few quid more.. i popped into our local superstore
    last week and they had a panasonic GF3 for 159.99 with 14-42 kit lens.

it's not showing online so maybe they've sold out, but they are showing a E-PM1 for 169.97 with lens.
    ok, it's not the best of colours, but for the price of a reasonable compact?

or, this at MPB... Smile

Ste

Last Modified By ste_p0270 at 18 Mar 2013 - 9:45 PM
    pablophotographer

hi, I take you only have the filters... rather than the SLR and the lenses that fit the filters.
    Is this true?
    People used to suggest photographers leaning to digital from film to go for the manufacturer of their current SLR, (much better if it had autofocus lenses) because they could make use of the lenses. Pentax is a manufacturer with such a range of lenses which can adapt to digital bodies of their make.
    And there had been adaptors developed to connect old lenses to modern digital cameras. I won't expand because I suspect you only have the filters. Even if they don't fit to the lens mount of the camera you will buy, there are stepping rings which can get in between and connect them. The filters should have come with a mount to hold them. Find its diameter or tell us specifically what you have.
    What would you like to take pictures of, would play an important role in what you should choose. Does the camera need to be weather sealed? I am under the impression (since you have not uploaded any picturres yet) that you want to do outdoors shooting, landscape most likely. If you don't have your own car to put the gear in and go where the car takes you, think of light, small cameras. Panasonic and Olympus do small 4/3rds cameras which they have relatively smaller lenses than other brands. Do not get an old brick (because you should add the weight of the lens(-es) and a tripod in your walk about gear. Samsung NX10 and Pentax Q are small but would probably cost more, but you search them and see what you will find.

Good luck

photowedding
    26 Apr 2013 - 11:12 AM

Thanks pablophotographer, you share the great info.

weseeyou
    weseeyou  3112 forum posts
    31 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

I wouldn't recommend that you compromise your camera choice simply to utilize some old filters you have. Its pointless fitting good quality expensive filters on a sub 100 camera ,better to buy a cheap filter set to fit the camera whichever camera you buy and sell the filters you have .

I would suggest that you list the camera features you need based on your likely usage then choose a camera from a short list . Consider features that you may not have tried like intervalometer, remote shutter release and macro etc Many PAS cameras have some amazing features these days that they don't necessarily advertise in their blurb.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.