Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Digital Rev

ventile 7 152 Wales
23 Oct 2013 11:43PM
Does Digital Rev have shop in Hong Kong?
Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ventile 7 152 Wales
24 Oct 2013 1:42AM
Have a shop in Hong Kong?
Thanks
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
24 Oct 2013 9:40AM
No, it closed.

ventile 7 152 Wales
24 Oct 2013 10:10AM
Ah ok, thanks
Gundog 1 624 Scotland
24 Oct 2013 10:31AM
Last time I was there they had two shops. But the prices (which, of course, included HK sales tax) were higher than normal UK discount prices from online stores such as Park Cameras and Wex.

Only worth buying retail from shops in HK if you are prepared to try to cheat by reclaiming the HK tax when you leave HK but not declare goods to Customs when you enter UK.
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
24 Oct 2013 10:56AM
I saw two addresses for DigitalRev shops, but around a year ago they posted on the internet to say they only had an office remaining in HK.
25 Oct 2013 12:21AM
Don't touch them. Their "guarantee" worthless. No reply to emails, telephone calls, letters.
Hi, this is Digitalrev's speaking.

We have office based in Hong Kong but we do not have a physical store as we only sell online market.
Our customer services hotline is 24 hrs which should be able to pick up calls and emails.

All the prices on the website are all inclusive and free shipping, customers are not required to pay any tax or duty. We will settle all for them.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any concerns or questions.

DigitalRev Marketing
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2014 11:07AM
Your own website says (my boldening/underline for reference)

Quote:The price for the goods shall, unless otherwise agreed, be the price set out on the dispatch confirmation. The price for the goods quoted on the website shall be exclusive of all costs of carriage and insurance and applicable import Tax/VAT/GST and duty which the buyer shall pay in addition [1]. Shipping and insurance costs are calculated at checkout. For some countries, the price for the goods quoted on the website includes a Import Handling Charge. If such charge is included in the price quoted, we'll 1) display a notice when you mouse over the price as well as on the basket/cart page notifying you the amount of Import Handling Charge included, and 2) have courier company bill any import tax, duty and clearance charges to our account up to 200% (Say "Two Hundred Percent") of the amount of the Import Handling Fee paid [2].

[1] The first boldening means that says that 20% UK VAT plus import duty is additional to the website prices
[2] the second boldening sets a limit on the amount of import/tax that DR will pay. And the 'import handling charge' seems to be a self-administered insurance scheme if customs stop the goods and query the duty paid - but when I go to check out there is no 'import handling fee' which begs the question:

Am I liable for import duty if UK customs decide DR have not paid enough?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.