Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Digital VIDEO e-mailing trouble

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pentaxpete
    16 Oct 2012 - 1:52 PM

I did my FIRST EVER 'Digital Video' using my wife's Fuji Finepix S9600 and when I wanted to send it by e-mail to members of my Camera Club it took about 25 minutes 'sending' then I got a message saying that there was a 'Time-out' -- I put it into 'My Videos' off her Compact Flash Card OK and it will open and play 630 pixels across but is there a way I can 'squash' it down as I learned to do for JPegs as I don't think Videos count as JPegs ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Oct 2012 - 1:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

simont
    simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Oct 2012 - 1:58 PM

You could try to zip it and send that - right click/Send to/ Compressed (zipped) file

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 16 Oct 2012 - 2:36 PM
    Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Oct 2012 - 1:59 PM

Yes you can - you should have Windows (Live) Movie Maker on your PC - in the programs list? Open the video in that and then save using "save movie for email" option.

Robert_Malcolm
    16 Oct 2012 - 2:27 PM

Alternatively (because the save for email option compresses the video to level ludicrous) open an account with Dropbox.com, put the video in your Dropbox and send the invitation link by email. For a free account you have 2GB to play with, which is enough for 8 minutes of uncompressed 1920x1080 .AVI or a couple of hours of small format .MPG.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Oct 2012 - 2:28 PM

You won't necessarily have MovieMaker if you have an older OS, however you can download the right version for your OS for free from Microsoft Here

Just thought I'd add that......

Ade

simont
    simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Oct 2012 - 2:41 PM

Dropbox is a good idea, but doesn't everyone involved have to install the dropbox software?

Also with dropbox, anyone who has access to the folder can add/DELETE files from there so beware! It may be the owner can specify read/write permissions on the folder - I never got that far.

I've also heard that though the basic dropbox is free, you are bombarded with e-mails to upgrade.

Simon

Last Modified By simont at 16 Oct 2012 - 2:47 PM
    GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8991 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Oct 2012 - 3:51 PM

Anyone can download from dropbox if the folder is marked as public and you email them the shared link, mark the options for read / write / delete as appropriate.
    So far I have not had any spam mail from dropbox on the free account.

I use dropbox for sharing docs and images for my local club, it's handy and no silly email file size limits.

Gareth

pentaxpete
    16 Oct 2012 - 7:53 PM

WoW -- !! That was quick response -- I have to get my 13 year old who is my @techical Expert' to advise me -- I have a new second hand computer called an 'e-machine Gateway' .

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.