Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Digital VIDEO e-mailing trouble

pentaxpete e2
9 553 1 England
16 Oct 2012 1:52PM
I did my FIRST EVER 'Digital Video' using my wife's Fuji Finepix S9600 and when I wanted to send it by e-mail to members of my Camera Club it took about 25 minutes 'sending' then I got a message saying that there was a 'Time-out' -- I put it into 'My Videos' off her Compact Flash Card OK and it will open and play 630 pixels across but is there a way I can 'squash' it down as I learned to do for JPegs as I don't think Videos count as JPegs ?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

simont e2
10 2.2k 4 England
16 Oct 2012 1:58PM
You could try to zip it and send that - right click/Send to/ Compressed (zipped) file
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 Oct 2012 1:59PM
Yes you can - you should have Windows (Live) Movie Maker on your PC - in the programs list? Open the video in that and then save using "save movie for email" option.
Alternatively (because the save for email option compresses the video to level ludicrous) open an account with Dropbox.com, put the video in your Dropbox and send the invitation link by email. For a free account you have 2GB to play with, which is enough for 8 minutes of uncompressed 1920x1080 .AVI or a couple of hours of small format .MPG.
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
16 Oct 2012 2:28PM
You won't necessarily have MovieMaker if you have an older OS, however you can download the right version for your OS for free from Microsoft Here

Just thought I'd add that......

Ade
simont e2
10 2.2k 4 England
16 Oct 2012 2:41PM
Dropbox is a good idea, but doesn't everyone involved have to install the dropbox software?

Also with dropbox, anyone who has access to the folder can add/DELETE files from there so beware! It may be the owner can specify read/write permissions on the folder - I never got that far.

I've also heard that though the basic dropbox is free, you are bombarded with e-mails to upgrade.

Simon
16 Oct 2012 3:51PM
Anyone can download from dropbox if the folder is marked as public and you email them the shared link, mark the options for read / write / delete as appropriate.
So far I have not had any spam mail from dropbox on the free account.

I use dropbox for sharing docs and images for my local club, it's handy and no silly email file size limits.

Gareth
pentaxpete e2
9 553 1 England
16 Oct 2012 7:53PM
WoW -- !! That was quick response -- I have to get my 13 year old who is my @techical Expert' to advise me -- I have a new second hand computer called an 'e-machine Gateway' .

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.