Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Dinner Guest List

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43697 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2013 - 5:19 PM

You are arranging a dinner party. You have a maximum of 8 place settings round the table. They can be any real person from history, alive or dead.
Who would you invite to join you around your table, and why?

Malc

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jan 2013 - 5:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

knownowt
knownowt  3 United Kingdom
1 Jan 2013 - 7:23 PM

My Father as he has been dead for years
My fathers mother as she died 3 weeks before I was born
My fathers father as he died before I met him
My fathers sister because she died before I met her
My eldest daughter as I have not seen or heard from her in 15 years
Ansell Adams because I admire his work
Jack the Ripper so I would know who they were
Rasputin because he seems a character

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2246 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2013 - 7:43 PM

Isambard Kingdom Brunel - for his vision.

Wilfred Thesiger - to tell us about his exploring adventures.

Clint Eastwood - for his acting and directing ability.

Morgan Freeman - just to listen to his voice.

Neil Armstrong - to tell us about being at the forefront of space exploration.

Freddie Mercury - for his music.

Bob Carlos Clarke - for his creative and sometimes outrageous photography.....I love people who stick two fingers up at the establishment...........SmileSmileSmile

Jesse Owens - for making Hitler look a fool.....and for putting himself into the history books...........great athlete. A great story to tell.

What a great evening of chat and discovery this would beGrinGrinGrin

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43697 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2013 - 7:45 PM

Forgot my own choice:

Denis Thatcher to find out about the real Maggie.
Sir Ranulph Fiennes to find out what drives him to the extremes time and time again.
Queen Elizabeth I - to find out how she survived in such a male dominated world.
I.K.Brunel to hear why he knew all those immense structures and machines would work.
Hitler...now that would be interesting.
Andy Warhol....what inspired him.
Galileo Galilei...what a genius.
da Vinci...who was she? and where did you get all those ideas from?

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42289 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
1 Jan 2013 - 8:06 PM

My mother - because she seems to know the answer to everything
My daughter - because she is so
My son - again because he is so
My husband - because I love him & would want him at my side
Richard Burton - his voice is pure velvet and we could listen to him all night long
Queen Elizabeth II - she MUST have some tales to tell and she could see life with a "normal" family
Any Chef - to cook it all for us
Finally my father - who has been dead for 26 years - so that I can see him once more and he could see how proud he would have been of his grandchildren.

Andy_Cundell
1 Jan 2013 - 8:08 PM

My wife - She is my best friend (and could also do the dishes afterwards)Tongue

My Grandfather - He died when I was young and I would love to be able to see what he thinks about me being in the Navy, like he was.

My Grandpa - He also died when I was young and I would love to hear more about his family and he also loved photography, like me!

My Grandmother - She died when my Mum was about 4 years old. While researching my family tree, I become stuck after her father and I would love to know more.

Mr Charlie O'Brien and Mrs Mary Faghy - They were my 4th Great Grandparents from Ireland. They started a family line that now numbers thousands.............

Francis Cundell - He is my 7th Great Grandfather on my side and the furthest I can go back (1680).

Rick Rescorla - a bloody brave man who was running up the World Trade Center when everyone else was running down. I have also heard stories about him in Vietnam and the first World Trade Center bombing. From humble beginnings in Cornwall, he could 'spin a few dits'!

NewDay
NewDay  2 England1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2013 - 8:15 PM

In no particular order....

Helmut Newton - for his timeless style and pushing the boundaries of photography.
Werner von Braun - to discuss his real vision for space exploration.
Geoffrey Unsworth - a brilliant cinematographer, one of the very best.
David Hockney - for his eclectic art, his wonderful approach to life and taking on board technical developments others decry.
Sergio Leone - for bringing the world amazing visual artistry and making the Spaghetti Western mainstream.
Leonardo da Vinci - to appreciate how one mind could create such diverse a legacy and perceive so much of the future
Isambard Kingdom Brunel - for his ground breaking engineering feats, vision and drive.
Alan Turing - to discuss how his work affected the future

Last Modified By NewDay at 1 Jan 2013 - 8:19 PM
janeez
janeez e2 Member 51178 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2013 - 12:25 AM

Quote: Queen Elizabeth I - to find out how she survived in such a male dominated world.

I'm with you on that. She is my all time hero from history. So....

Elizabeth 1. Total admiration for this supremely intelligent lady who managed to keep her head on her shoulders.
Michael Palin. Tales of travel and humour.
Graham Norton. He is so funny and I love his laugh.
My husband. Because he is also very funny.
Charles Dickens. What was it really like in Victorian times?
Hugh Jackman. Got to have something gorgeous to look at
Justin Hayward. A good sing-song after the meal!
My sister because she would love to meet Graham, Bess, Hugh, Justin and Michael.

Bevy
Bevy  1 England
2 Jan 2013 - 1:11 AM

I wrote my list before I read the others, but i see one or two similar! Here is mine....

First, my lovely husband, goes without saying because it would be no fun without him and we would need to be able to talk about it afterwards...then...

Marylin Monroe (circa early 50's)- Oh she would be funny, ditsy, beautiful, and have some stories to tell as well as add a bit of chemistry to the proceedings.
Marquis De Sade - He was intelligent, sexual, brutal and quite mad, and i'd love to see how he got on with the others (but we might have to have some house rules first)
Elizabeth Taylor (circa 1950's) - beautiful, intelligent, sexy, lots of gossip from her I think, and I can ask her about MJ! (hmm, looks circa 1950's, but total life memory lol)
Richard Burton (circa 1950's) - He would have to sit away from Liz or he wouldn't talk to anyone else...we all want to hear that voice!
Rasputin - He seems a bit of a rogue, might be fun, good enough for the Russian Queen, good enough for my dinner. Nothing like a mad monk to liven things up.
Angelina Jolie - need to add a bit of modern day beauty and intellect to the proceedings, and Brad can come pick her up afterwards..
Lastly... comedian Russel Howard, the girls would love him and because hes just so funny plus it would give him a lifetime of material.

And I will get a chef in for the night, wouldn't want to inflict my cooking on anyone!

monstersnowman

Love the ones with loved ones past and present ... They seem a more genuine choice than a selection of pretentious choces that are well known but wholly disparate from each other to the point where it would probably be an awful gathering of people you generally couldn't talk between on any enjoyable, personal or meaningful level.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314978 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2013 - 3:09 AM

The wife and all my ex girlfriends.

Could get interesting Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 2 Jan 2013 - 3:09 AM
monstersnowman

Table for three Paul .... ;0)

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2013 - 7:23 AM

Peter Ustinov - for his intellect and story telling ability. (I could listen to him for hours).
Katharine Hepburn - for her tales of the golden age of Hollywood.
Bill Shankley - for his earthy wisdom.
Gladys Aylward - whose devotion and commitment I have always admired.
Mark Twain - just because I have always loved his writing and would love to meet him.
Peter Kay - to my mind the funniest man on the planet.
Miles Davis - whose music I adore.
John Arlott - for his cricket reminiscences but mostly so I could just listen to that voice.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96235 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2013 - 9:19 AM

Quote: They can be any real person from history

I see several of you have mentioned your husband as a guest.

Does that imply they are History Wink

Are they aware of that fact ! !

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2013 - 10:42 AM

there are many more members' guest lists here too: Seven People You'd Invite for Dinner

Last Modified By Pete at 2 Jan 2013 - 10:42 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.