Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Direct Bank Transfer

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Scooby10
Scooby10  4 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2013 - 9:33 AM

I am looking to buy the Canon 7D and found it at procamerashop.co.uk for 696.99 (body only) which is a very good price. They also offer a further 3% off if you pay by Direct Bank Transfer. Has anybody on EPZ used this site and did you have any problems etc.
Peter

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Jan 2013 - 9:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2013 - 10:18 AM

They're not really a UK company. If you read the terms and conditions you'll find they're actually based in Hong Kong.
Which Means all the risks that come with a gray import, Thats a risk you need to look into beforecommittingg, ive bought a gray import lens myself and had no problems
but alot do, Remember being a body you may not have any warranty aside from returning it to hong kong which can be exspensive. Im not sure what the import duty situation is with this company but i would also research that as what seems a bargain can be alot more than you anticipated.
I personally wouldent buy a non uk body for the above reason but thats your choice.

In principle bank transfers are very safe.
They are safest for the seller of course.
The draw back for the buyer is once the money is transferred you have to trust the seller to actually send you the item.
Unlike credit cards, paypal, ebay etc, there are no avenues to recover your money if something goes wrong. Once it's sent, it's sent.

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8504 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
13 Jan 2013 - 10:19 AM

I bought a lens from them with no problems.....but bear in mind that most of their items are grey imports with no UK warranty.

i got beaten to it by KevSB !

Last Modified By rogerfry at 13 Jan 2013 - 10:20 AM
Scooby10
Scooby10  4 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2013 - 10:54 AM

Thanks Kevin & Roger. I think i will give them a miss and look somewhere else.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2013 - 10:55 AM

Have a look at Panamoz. Same thing, but they get plenty of good reviews, including after sales service.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318441 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2013 - 11:02 AM

A bank transfer is a great way to receive money as a seller. It's free of charges and the money is added to your account quickly and risk free. As a buyer it could be going into a scam account...and once gone is impossible to get back

I have bad experience many years ago with a bank transfer and would take extra precaution now.
I bought an item from an electronics company overseas. They had a web site, they had good customer feedback etc. I duly paid by international bank transfer. There's a charge to do that. And the goods never arrived. It turns out they were a scam site and a very good one. I contacted the bank and there was nothing they could do. I always pay by credit card unless I'm totally sure of the company I'm buying from - even then with the light of the recent Jessop closure things can go wrong with what you may have thought were the most stable companies. Credit cards are the safest option!

User_Removed
13 Jan 2013 - 11:29 AM

Quote: Credit cards are the safest option!

...but only if you use the credit card directly with the vendor.

If an intermediary is used - e.g. Paypal, PayPoint, etc., etc., then the credit card transaction is with the intermediary rather than the actual seller and you lose the normal credit card protection.

puertouk
puertouk  21062 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hi Peter, if you want to get this camera at a great price, go to Panamoz. Ive dealt with them and they were great and I got my light meter through in 6 days. Also, they guarantee if you have to pay any import tax, they will refund you. I had to pay around 9 tax, which was refunded within 30 minutes, after I sent them a copy of the tax I had to pay. You can use your credit or debit card. They are based in the UK, but they have a guy in Hong Kong who ship your goods to you. Highly recommended.
Stephen

KevSB
13 Jan 2013 - 12:15 PM

Quote: Hi Peter, if you want to get this camera at a great price, go to Panamoz. Ive dealt with them and they were great and I got my light meter through in 6 days. Also, they guarantee if you have to pay any import tax, they will refund you. I had to pay around 9 tax, which was refunded within 30 minutes, after I sent them a copy of the tax I had to pay. You can use your credit or debit card. They are based in the UK, but they have a guy in Hong Kong who ship your goods to you. Highly recommended.
Stephen

Being A body He wants he still has the issue of warranty, Camera bodies not purchased in Europe do not come with a guarantee.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2013 - 12:33 PM

Well, you make your choice and pay your money, Kev.

KevSB
13 Jan 2013 - 12:48 PM

Quote: Well, you make your choice and pay your money, Kev.

Agreed cole but its importent the OP is informed of that risk and knows hes taking It. Camera bodies are far more risky than lenses and a search on here will show lots that have had to claim on warranty so a substanial risk

Last Modified By KevSB at 13 Jan 2013 - 12:50 PM
Snapster
Snapster e2 Member 2116 forum postsSnapster vcard England
13 Jan 2013 - 1:28 PM

Quote: Hi Peter, if you want to get this camera at a great price, go to Panamoz. Ive dealt with them and they were great and I got my light meter through in 6 days. Also, they guarantee if you have to pay any import tax, they will refund you. I had to pay around 9 tax, which was refunded within 30 minutes, after I sent them a copy of the tax I had to pay. You can use your credit or debit card. They are based in the UK, but they have a guy in Hong Kong who ship your goods to you. Highly recommended.
Stephen

Being A body He wants he still has the issue of warranty, Camera bodies not purchased in Europe do not come with a guarantee.

Just to clarify as I've been looking at Panamoz.
Camera bodies do not have a european warranty but lenses do?
Or are you saying that there's less chance of something going wrong with a lens than a camera body, therefore greater risk?

Hali
Hali  344 forum posts Scotland
13 Jan 2013 - 1:33 PM

Another vote for Panamoz. Good contact, 5% discount for bank transfer and my camera arrived 2 working days after I sent the payment.

Quote:

True, but for 12 extra Panamoz offer their own 12 month replacement warranty. Yes, its not the same as a Canon warranty and of course there is a risk that Panamoz will not be around in 12 months, but they way I looked at it was that I was getting a brand new camera for the amount I had been planning to pay for a 2nd hand one (which would've had no warranty at all), so I thought it worth the risk.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
14 Jan 2013 - 2:34 AM

Try Digitalrev.com you can pay by card or paypal, which gives some added security.

mcgannc
mcgannc  5389 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2013 - 1:38 PM

I'm just in the process of placing an order through Panamoz but the checkout options only allow credit card payment through paypal...given what Leftforum mentioned above, would this give me enough protection if something goes wrong with delivery?? Any advice much appreciated!

Chris

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.