Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Disabled transport within Manchester Airport

guidoa 13 1.3k United Kingdom
27 Oct 2012 9:13PM
My walking ability is severely limited due to osteo arthritis of the hip. My wife and I would like to travel from Man airport T1 but the particular flight always leaves from the furthest point from the departure lounge. I do not use a wheel chair but is anyone aware from experience of any form of transport provided to do that journey and if so whom to contact. Many thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken e2
12 3.2k 4 Wales
27 Oct 2012 9:42PM
27 Oct 2012 9:59PM
Thanks, thats helpful.
cmawson 11 271 United Kingdom
27 Oct 2012 10:23PM
My wife has severe OA of her hips & knees & is severely disabled as far as walking is concerned. When we travel (my wife is American so we travel to the US on a regular basis) we always contact the airline & ask for help such as wheelchairs, & access to the aircraft. We have always had good service from the airlines & airport staff no matter which airports we travel from & to.

So, your best bet is get in touch with the airline & ask them about disability help.

Hope that helps.
27 Oct 2012 10:51PM
Thanks, I will try the airline
jadus e2
3 1.0k 2 United Kingdom
27 Oct 2012 11:01PM
I always use a wheelchair through airports. You might find that when you book they ask whether you need special assistance.

If not, I have asked at the check in desk when i arrived at the air port and asked them to check how many people with disabilities they have on board.The air line did not like this lack of notice and could not guarantee me assistance - however they came up with the goods. I think they are supposed to have room for at least four passengers who require assistance. You could also request being lifted into the plane via the ambilift. It's great fun and means avoiding the pain of climbing the steps. Make sure you book for both sides at the outset. Enjoy!!
28 Oct 2012 8:21AM
Thanks,looks like being the way to deal with it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.