Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Disabled transport within Manchester Airport

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    guidoa
    guidoa  121331 forum posts United Kingdom
    27 Oct 2012 - 9:13 PM

My walking ability is severely limited due to osteo arthritis of the hip. My wife and I would like to travel from Man airport T1 but the particular flight always leaves from the furthest point from the departure lounge. I do not use a wheel chair but is anyone aware from experience of any form of transport provided to do that journey and if so whom to contact. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Oct 2012 - 9:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
    franken e2 Member 123136 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2012 - 9:42 PM

Have a look at this,

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187069-i236-k5649936-Walking_distances_M...

Ken

guidoa
    27 Oct 2012 - 9:59 PM

Thanks, thats helpful.

cmawson
    cmawson  11271 forum posts United Kingdom
    27 Oct 2012 - 10:23 PM

My wife has severe OA of her hips & knees & is severely disabled as far as walking is concerned. When we travel (my wife is American so we travel to the US on a regular basis) we always contact the airline & ask for help such as wheelchairs, & access to the aircraft. We have always had good service from the airlines & airport staff no matter which airports we travel from & to.

So, your best bet is get in touch with the airline & ask them about disability help.

Hope that helps.

Last Modified By cmawson at 27 Oct 2012 - 10:24 PM
    guidoa
    27 Oct 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks, I will try the airline

jadus
    jadus e2 Member 21006 forum postsjadus vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2012 - 11:01 PM

I always use a wheelchair through airports. You might find that when you book they ask whether you need special assistance.

If not, I have asked at the check in desk when i arrived at the air port and asked them to check how many people with disabilities they have on board.The air line did not like this lack of notice and could not guarantee me assistance - however they came up with the goods. I think they are supposed to have room for at least four passengers who require assistance. You could also request being lifted into the plane via the ambilift. It's great fun and means avoiding the pain of climbing the steps. Make sure you book for both sides at the outset. Enjoy!!

guidoa
    28 Oct 2012 - 8:21 AM

Thanks,looks like being the way to deal with it.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.