Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Disc stuck in Mac - Help!

chelle 9 77
9 Jan 2012 1:31AM
Hi all!

I have a problem that really needs fixing asap.
I have to write a disc for tomorrow, so I just inserted a blank dvd into my macbook pro laptop and the computer has not picked it up. So the disc is literally stuck in my machine!
Because it's not recognising the disc I can't force an eject or anything! I really need to get this dvd finished by tomorrow so any help on getting this dvd out of the macbook would really help me!

Thankyou in advance!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pabloisme 4 566 England
9 Jan 2012 6:51AM
is there a small hole in or very near to the dvd drawer?

you dont usually need to turn off your unit, but you can.

Locate your DVD player's manual Eject button. It is usually a small hole located underneath the DVD drawer.

Insert a stiff wire-such as a paperclip or safety pin-into the hole. Push gently and the drawer should open partway. Gently pull the drawer the rest of the way open.
Pentoo 3 2 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 7:25AM
On a mac (laptop) power off, push down both front corners of the mousse pad. Hold down and turn on, disk will eject in a few seconds.

Hope that helps, if not get back to me.
robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 9:48AM
switch off then on it will show disc
Pentoo 3 2 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 9:55AM
Hi, Mac book pro use the; MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-868 drive. This drive is notorious for not recognising disk media, if not recognised then the only way is to eject the disk at boot-up as mentioned.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 4:50PM
As mentioned, if the drive has a small hole in the front a paper clip is probably the easiest way to open it.
chelle 9 77
16 Jan 2012 5:42PM
Thanks all for the help. I couldn't manage to get the disc out. Luckily I took out extended warranty so Apple changed the optical drive for me while I waited, and everything is ok now. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.