Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Disley Peak District

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cliff449
    cliff449  5 United Kingdom
    27 Dec 2008 - 12:39 PM

My lovely wife has given me a present of a weekend for us in Disley on the edge of the Peak District in early February.

If anyone knows good places to visit around the area it would be much appreciated, I dont know the area very well.

Hope you can help

Regards

Cliff

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Dec 2008 - 12:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92967 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Dec 2008 - 2:28 PM

Have a look at this post with more than enough suggestions. You could well be rewarded with the white stuff in Feb.
    Ken

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61581 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom572 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Dec 2008 - 9:29 PM

Assuming thats the Disley near to Stockport you just have to Come in through Chapel en le frith, taking the road that takes you in through WINNATS PASS, (breathtaking) with MAM TOR on your left, drop down thro Castleton with its Castle and Caves, thro Hope and turn left up to LADYBOWER RES with Bamford edge behind , then backtrack and into the magic triangle around Hathersage where you can see HIGGER TOR and Carl Wark, STANAGE EDGE, suprise view, Longshaw estate, Padley Gorge and below that, the fabulous Curbar and Baslow edges, You may wish to drop even further into the valley, pick up Baslow and shoot across through Chatsworth Park, a must for any visitor. you could fit a quick look at the lot in a full day with a car. if you want more, PM me. I live in this area, its also a good idea to a search in the gallery for the above places and you will find all the best views.
    Good Luck.
    Phil

Last Modified By NEWMANP at 27 Dec 2008 - 9:31 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.