Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

do I or don't I

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    lemontart
    lemontart  154 forum posts United Kingdom
    27 Sep 2013 - 7:21 AM

Upgrade to elements 12 that has just been released.

The tweeks to the package are attractive and definitely will be used

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-premiere-elements.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Sep 2013 - 7:21 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
    franken e2 Member 123143 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2013 - 8:18 AM

I think you've answered your own question to be honest.

Ken

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64470 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2013 - 12:31 PM

Unless you do loads of video and movies or want to link to iphones and pads etc. I wouldn't bother. The actual photoshop type "enhancements" such as getting rid of green eye on pet pics or moving something within the picture can already be done using previous versions. The only thing that would interest me is if you have a newer camera and need the RAW converter upgrade.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53645 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2013 - 12:49 PM

With elements i found every 2nd or 3rd release seemed the right frequency (6,8,10 etc), but if you need a particular feature then yes go for it. Consider Lightroom as well sometime.

Louise_Morris
    Louise_Morris e2 Member 42390 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
    27 Sep 2013 - 2:09 PM

Quote: With elements i found every 2nd or 3rd release seemed the right frequency (6,8,10 etc), but if you need a particular feature then yes go for it. Consider Lightroom as well sometime.

Totally agree with this and I am a recent convert to Lightroom5 - having received it with new camera! - wouldn't be without it now!! Grin

RobboB
    RobboB e2 Member 777 forum postsRobboB vcard United Kingdom
    27 Sep 2013 - 6:20 PM

I have never understood what the target markets are for Elements and Lightroom? Is one more 'serious' or professional than the other?

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110307 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2013 - 7:06 PM

For me (as a committed LR user),

Lightroom is the photographers version of Photo Shop with a first rate Image management system built in.

I do > 98% of all my image processing from importing, through key-wording, filing, processing, storeage and retrieval, then printing using LR5

PS is more aimed at digital artist, photo manipulators and graphic artists

Elements is PS light

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014851 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2013 - 7:58 PM

I used elements till this year, when I finally got serious about using LR, and LR became all that I needed, till I recently discovered onOne Perfect Photo Suite for LR; I pre-ordered ver. 8.0, which will be delivered in late November, plus a $40.00 tutorial video included in the $179.00 price, a considerable savings off the regular price of $299.00, not including the video. They gave me a download of ver. 7.5 till 8.0 comes out, and I've been using it quite a bit, it fits seamlessly with LR as plugins, and I find I do most of my editing with Perfect Photo Suite. Some of the plugins included are; Perfect Layers, Perfect Masks, Perfect BW, Perfect effects, Perfect focus, and Perfect Portrait, which is simple to use, and extremely useful. It pretty much covers all the stuff CS6 does, but you can choose to use 100s of shortcuts. If you want to get into the intricacies though, you can. Then I got Cyberlink for my video editing, what a program, I'm busy learning these two excellent software programs, and enjoying it immensely.

PS: I downloaded the tryout from onOne, and after 2 weeks of using it, I was sold on the package. The new version 8 coming out in November has many improvements and an even better interface with LR and Aperture.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 27 Sep 2013 - 8:01 PM
    Trev_B
    Trev_B e2 Member 7110 forum postsTrev_B vcard England64 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2013 - 8:44 PM

I have been using elements 6 for the last few years and decided recently to trial Lightroom 5... I thought at first that LR 5 was not what I was looking for and upgraded to Elements 11 as it was only 39 at the time from PC World. Then I had to process a load of images from Bournemouth Air Festival of my grandsons and realised how good LR was. I now use LR for most of my images and only use Elements 11 on rare occasions to clone. To be frank the usable difference between Elements 6 and 11 are purely cosmetic and if I had downloaded a trial of 11 I don't know that even at 39 I would have upgraded.

LR5 has won me over and I didn't expect that.

Trev

Trev_B
    Trev_B e2 Member 7110 forum postsTrev_B vcard England64 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2013 - 8:49 PM

Oh I forgot to mention, if you trial LR5 they tend to send an email offering 30% discounts on the downloadable version making it 71.80, this comes with two licences as long as you use the same operating system.

Trev

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014851 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Sep 2013 - 12:02 AM

Trev, give Perfect Photo Suite a trial, you might like it along with LR.

lemontart
    lemontart  154 forum posts United Kingdom
    28 Sep 2013 - 8:16 AM

It is annoying how often they bring out new versions, especially I my hobby moves forward and I learn new things, it tempts me in new directions. i tried a trial of lightroom and could not really get on with it - though now my "skills" for want of a better word have moved on it may be different.

Did read somewhere you can get cs6 free so that may be worth looking at to see how I get on before splashing the cash on pse12

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.