Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Do some people look down on flower photography?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

alansnap
alansnap e2 Member 10529 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2012 - 10:02 AM

Ian, now that I see you're going for your A I understand your question better.
It really goes back to my original comments on nature photography. This is a crowded place and for an A you do have to find something different. For example, at the current National Gallery exhibition there are some incredible flower photos by an Israeli photographer. He froze bunches of flowers in liquid nitrogen and then blew them up capturing the flying shards using high speed photography! Now that's extreme, but it shows what you're up against.
I am planning my A and I have got the idea sorted out, I just (ahem) need to produce now. I went to an advisory day and was pointed at a mentor once they'd said the idea was a good one. Maybe you should give that a go at one of those either with some work or as an observer ver.
Cheers,
Alan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Dec 2012 - 10:02 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Bevy
Bevy  2 England
2 Dec 2012 - 1:49 AM

If it helps, my club has an annual flower competition, this year my other half scored 20/20 with this a special mention. Sometimes less is more Smile

GlennH
GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Dec 2012 - 9:08 AM

Quote: If it helps, my club has an annual flower competition, this year my other half scored 20/20 with this a special mention. Sometimes less is more Smile

Maybe the judge was an old fashioned type - not interested in cryogenics or high explosives. Some people are just so yesterday.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.