Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Do some people look down on flower photography?

alansnap e2
10 529 22 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2012 10:02AM
Ian, now that I see you're going for your A I understand your question better.
It really goes back to my original comments on nature photography. This is a crowded place and for an A you do have to find something different. For example, at the current National Gallery exhibition there are some incredible flower photos by an Israeli photographer. He froze bunches of flowers in liquid nitrogen and then blew them up capturing the flying shards using high speed photography! Now that's extreme, but it shows what you're up against.
I am planning my A and I have got the idea sorted out, I just (ahem) need to produce now. I went to an advisory day and was pointed at a mentor once they'd said the idea was a good one. Maybe you should give that a go at one of those either with some work or as an observer ver.
Cheers,
Alan

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Bevy 2 13 England
2 Dec 2012 1:49AM
If it helps, my club has an annual flower competition, this year my other half scored 20/20 with this a special mention. Sometimes less is more Smile
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
2 Dec 2012 9:08AM

Quote:If it helps, my club has an annual flower competition, this year my other half scored 20/20 with this a special mention. Sometimes less is more Smile

Maybe the judge was an old fashioned type - not interested in cryogenics or high explosives. Some people are just so yesterday.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.