Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Do you always honest?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
kombizz
kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 9:32 AM

Quote: In this 1:46 video, we point out 7 promises that then candidate Obama has already broken. We hope that all the people of the ObamaNation are happy with their president.

Are they really Lies?
Not sure!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Jan 2012 - 9:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63201 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 1:26 PM

Much better than the continuous lies spewed out by Bush & his Republican cohorts. At least Obama has tried to bring some respectability to American politics.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 92218 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 2:05 PM

Quote: Much better than the continuous lies spewed out by Bush & his Republican cohorts. At least Obama has tried to bring some respectability to American politics.

Really!!!
I'm afraid I can't agree with you there - since Obama US politics everything is business as usual over there i.e. a basket case of corruption between politics and big business. Seems to me that Obama is a willing puppet like Bush and others.
There is so much that is good and so much that is bad about the US but I think their politics and big business stink to high heaven. Sad
Of course we are nearly as bad in the UK. Sad
I know I sound full of cynicism and gloom and doom but I like to consider myself a realist - I'm quite a happy person really! Smile

kombizz
13 Jan 2012 - 3:15 PM

I made a simple calculation of a politician speeach (or in this case a preacher) in one hour time.
If we consider there are 7 lies around 2 minutes, then:
60 X 7 = 420
420 / 2 = 210 lies / 1 Hr
Then no wonder the nation is in a BIG mess!

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45779 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 4:53 PM

It all depends on how gullible you are - if you believe everything a politican says (of any party) as an out-and-out certainty of what they are definitively going to do then maybe you are too dumb to be trusted with the right to vote. And if you then apply the sort of peurile statistics that you just have, that says more about you than it does about Obama.
If you believe the President is setting out a list of genuine aims and that is what they would like to achieve, then that is a different matter.

How do you know he has not been negotiating these wishes behind the scenes, but has been fouled by vested interests in both parties? You have to remember that US politics is quite different to European politics. The president is voted for by the population as a whole - in Europe the Prime Minister comes from within the ruling party. This means the President has less 'groundbase' to rely on whenit comes to policymaking.

That video lays out the way politics has become so polarised - someone who does not manage to achieve what they wanted immediately becomes 'a liar'. I would rather have someone like Obama who has stated what he would like to achieve than have Bush and his cronies who never even bothered to try.

Last Modified By mikehit at 13 Jan 2012 - 4:54 PM
gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 92218 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 5:15 PM

Quote: That video lays out the way politics has become so polarised - someone who does not manage to achieve what they wanted immediately becomes 'a liar'. I would rather have someone like Obama who has stated what he would like to achieve than have Bush and his cronies who never even bothered to try.

I like your apparently reasonable stance, but I'm sorry to say I don't have the same belief in Obama that you have. I'm bitterly disappointed in Obama because he has not delivered anything of note since coming into office.
He has been in office for several years now and yet he has not kept any of his promises as far as I can see. If Obama was a real president (a very rare species indeed) he would push through the reforms he talks about (he's a good talker) and tell the creeps around him to sod off. If he loses his presidency as a result, so be it...at least he would have left office on a real matter of principle. Corruption in politics is like the natural environment i.e. it feeds like a parasite on those who don't make it their business to stamp it out. It's time, I say for a few real men or women to stand up and be counted...
So really I have to agree in principle with "kombizze's" stance, though ostensibly, yours is more mature and reasonable.

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6602 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States41 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 6:38 PM

There's this:

http://kaystreet.wordpress.com/2010/10/30/obama-administration%E2%80%99s-achieve...

As an alien resident in the US, I cannot vote, so I'm not criticizing or praising this administration. But one thing I know, is that people have all too quickly forgotten the mess the previous administration got this country into. Not an easy mess to clean-up imho.

I do wish Obama had not tried to unite democrats and republicans, and had instead attempted to push through some of the bills esp wrt health care while he still had support and momentum. Maybe he as many is guilty of lack of vision. I guess that was a bit of crit Tongue

Last Modified By AnneWorner at 13 Jan 2012 - 6:38 PM
kombizz
13 Jan 2012 - 10:51 PM

Quote: That video lays out the way politics has become so polarised - someone who does not manage to achieve what they wanted immediately becomes 'a liar'. I would rather have someone like Obama who has stated what he would like to achieve than have Bush and his cronies who never even bothered to try.

I like your apparently reasonable stance, but I'm sorry to say I don't have the same belief in Obama that you have. I'm bitterly disappointed in Obama because he has not delivered anything of note since coming into office.
He has been in office for several years now and yet he has not kept any of his promises as far as I can see. If Obama was a real president (a very rare species indeed) he would push through the reforms he talks about (he's a good talker) and tell the creeps around him to sod off. If he loses his presidency as a result, so be it...at least he would have left office on a real matter of principle. Corruption in politics is like the natural environment i.e. it feeds like a parasite on those who don't make it their business to stamp it out. It's time, I say for a few real men or women to stand up and be counted...
So really I have to agree in principle with "kombizze's" stance, though ostensibly, yours is more mature and reasonable.

Amen !

kombizz
13 Jan 2012 - 10:55 PM

Quote: There's this:

http://kaystreet.wordpress.com/2010/10/30/obama-administration%E2%80%99s-achieve...

As an alien resident in the US, I cannot vote, so I'm not criticizing or praising this administration. But one thing I know, is that people have all too quickly forgotten the mess the previous administration got this country into. Not an easy mess to clean-up imho.

I do wish Obama had not tried to unite democrats and republicans, and had instead attempted to push through some of the bills esp wrt health care while he still had support and momentum. Maybe he as many is guilty of lack of vision. I guess that was a bit of crit Tongue

I wonder how many of these went wrong!

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 11:06 PM

I am not surprised at this but he has left the country in a better state than it was when he took over. Also, and this is the bit many people struggle to comprehend, he just cannot decide something, say it and make it so. There are a lot of people out to block any attempt at change. So the real big issue for Americans to wake up to is that the cult of the person is not what it is about. You need to elect a government not a person. he was over-hyped on election.

Also its time the smear and negative campaigns were dropped. Next time I go for voting I want to hear a party talking about what they will do to make things better, not muck raking over the past etc. The past is in the past, we learn from it, but time only goes forwards. yes there is a need to look at the promises, and we need to look at why they failed. Just as we need to look at the issues they faced and decisions they took. We live in a changing world. If all you can do is sling mud at your opponent then you are no use in government.

gcarth
14 Jan 2012 - 9:15 PM

Quote: I am not surprised at this but he has left the country in a better state than it was when he took over

I honestly can't see any improvements in the US.
Obama is simply carrying on from where Bush left off: There are still troops in Afghanistan and violations of human rights in Guantanamo - were suspects are kept without trial even when they are innocent, it seems. In addition, the US administration (along with Israel) keeps ratcheting up the pressure on Iran even more than when Bush was in power. The reason for that is because Iran was always one of the axis of evil nations that the US was going to bomb anyway - the US are old hands at this game (one of Goering's favourite tricks) where you up the anti and create an enemy out of a nation that you want to control and exploit and then say to the sheeple: "Look, we are going to be attacked by that belligerent nation - Iran so we must pre-empt them (Can anyone remember when Iran actually started a war with anyone?).
By the way, I might add that the present council of the IAEA that monitors Iran's nuclear programme is headed by someone who is approved by the US administration i.e. biased in favour of US and Israel interests.

Quote: Next time I go for voting I want to hear political parties talking about what they will do to make things better, not muck raking over the past etc. The past is in the past, we learn from it, but time only goes forwards.

I don't want to hear political parties talking about what will do - they're all good at that - I (surely we) want to see action - action to regulate big business and redistribute wealth, build more economically vaible homes, deal with landlords who exploit and charge hideous rents - there's so much that should be done.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139370 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jan 2012 - 9:32 PM

Quote: action to regulate big business and redistribute wealth,

Given that the politicians are themselves regulated and funded by big business and wealthy individuals, I have my doubts whether this will happen! Wink

gcarth
14 Jan 2012 - 10:21 PM

Quote: Given that the politicians are themselves regulated and funded by big business and wealthy individuals, I have my doubts whether this will happen!

Hi, CB - Happy New Year! Well, of course, I agree with you there, but I supposed we have to keep chipping away: As bad as things are, I suppose things are much better than in feudal times or even Victorian times for that matter and without the great reformers, campaigners and the unions, we would still be living like we did centuries ago. SadGrin

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jan 2012 - 10:45 PM

Gcarth I was referring to the financial situation of the USA and the relative position of the country rather than its international policies (which I am not a fan of for any of their recent governments)

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014216 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2012 - 12:04 AM

I know I'm in a very small minority, but to be fair, Bush was President during one of the worst periods in US history, apart from the World Wars and the Civil War. Obama doesn't have Congress behind him, in fact Congress is doing everything it can to trip him up at every turn. The only thing Obama could do was to try and create an atmosphere of co-operation in Parliament, which was doomed to failure from the beginning, not because of him, but because of the very destructive politics at play in the US. There's at least another year of this to look forward to. The only Republican I would vote for so far is Jon Huntsman; I believe he'd do an excellent job as President. The US Government has failed its people in job creation and the economy overall; 10s of thousands of jobs have been moved offshore, and the recovery is not in the foreseeable future. There won't be any significant changes made till well after the next election, and then they will settle back into being controlled by the beauocracy again.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.