Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Do you find shooting a particular subject boring?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
User_Removed
7 Jun 2012 - 4:07 PM

Quote:
I had a image recently in the last 5 of a Nikon competition, but I felt it unfair, as it was down to people to vote for the image and not the people at Nikon or a panel of experts judging them. I was told to contact as many friends and family to vote for me, as were the other people in the competition. Obviously I did not have enough family and friends! But, I was very happy in getting my image into the final 5 of a National competition and this will spur me on to take better images in the future.
Stephen

Yes - a lot of those competitions are really only designed to ascertain who has the most Facebook Friends. Nothing whatsoever to do with photo quality. And it is disappointing to find people like Nikon doing it. (But I did vote for your image!!)

Getting back to the original question, I simply would not shoot any subject that I found boring. But that does not mean that other folk will not find my images boring. I do try to build humour into a fair proportion of them but some folk (especially camera club competition judges) don't necessarily share my sense of humour. My "Sweet Pee" one of the flowers in the urinal really bombed with a judge!

sweetpee4.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jun 2012 - 4:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2012 - 4:23 PM

Quote: Yes - a lot of those competitions are really only designed to ascertain who has the most Facebook Friends.

also really good for driving traffic to their site Wink

And if people are linking to their site, SEO will be helped too

They're not mad tha knows Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.