Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Do you have any questions for Nikon?

thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
11 Oct 2011 11:20AM
On another forum, there's a post from a disgruntled Nikon user who alleged that, even as a member of NPS, repairs have been taking several weeks. He suggested that, in order to keep to the target turnaround, the camera was sitting on the shelf and wasn't booked in until the repairer was ready to start work. Is this true?

In the UK, the NHS has used this trick for some years to massage waiting lists.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
11 Oct 2011 11:23AM
Final question:

When do you anticipate being able to tell us the answers to all the other questions?

Wink
joshwa e2
4 710 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2011 11:32PM
Hopefully soon Smile
joshwa e2
4 710 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2011 11:29AM

Quote:I'm with 'LeftForum' all the way on his suggestion !!!!......but the EVF needs to match or exceed the Sony NEX7, & be on the lens centre-line ?????

The EVF built in, is in line with the sensor /lens:

nikon-v1.jpg

joshwa e2
4 710 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2011 11:30AM

Quote:Do they all wear sandals and have beards at the factory?

They wear white "pumps / plimsoles" and 90% of the workforce are female, so there wasn't a beard in site / sight Wink
12 Oct 2011 11:32AM

They wear white "pumps" and 90% of the workforce are female, so there wasn't a beard in site / sight Wink

Ha ha nice one Smile
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2011 11:40AM

Quote:They wear white "pumps / plimsoles" and 90% of the workforce are female, so there wasn't a beard in site / sight
Ah so the employees use Canon cameras Wink
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
12 Oct 2011 2:19PM

....90% of the workforce are female, so there wasn't a beard in site / sight Wink

Not like the old Polaroid factory near Glasgow, then!!
12 Oct 2011 10:07PM
I hope someone challenges Nikon over its fixed price fixing, does anyone have the know - how how to start a petition against it?

I also hope, as do others, that Nikon will update NX2 and the update or new NX3 will be compatible with NIK plugins!

David.
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2011 9:57AM
To my knowledge the pricing issue you refer to is for the US not the UK as it would not be allowed in the UK.

what do Nikon view are the important features that a Nikon camera must have, in their eyes, what defines them and makes them different from the competition?
joshwa e2
4 710 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2011 10:02AM

Quote:Have they changed their priorities over the last several years? I loved my Nikon kit, but I absolutely refuse to do without a camera for another 2 months while it's being repaired.

Ex Nikon user!

If you are happy, I can forward your details to Nikon UK and they can investigate this as they say it shouldn't take 2 months.
14 Oct 2011 9:49AM
It seems likely only question about the new camera and it's supporting system will be on the agenda.
An interesting question is how do Nikon rate noise and resolution compared to the discontinued 10 MP D200. I am getting the impression noise might be better.
When will the F mount adapter ship?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
14 Oct 2011 11:55AM

Quote:I am with Nikon to see the factory where the new Nikon 1 is made and will have an opportunity to ask Nikon questions from you. Ask away...

Why did they choose to use a sensor which is smaller than 4/3?
Toonman e2
7 1.4k 2 England
14 Oct 2011 12:15PM
Do they have any plans to go mirror-less with for instance, their entry level range (D3100-D5100) .
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
14 Oct 2011 12:22PM

Quote:Do they have any plans to go mirror-less with for instance, their entry level range (D3100-D5100) .

I'll answer that one.................. no! Grin

Entry level DSLRs are often cheaper than mirrorless systems.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.