Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Do you have any questions for Nikon?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

thewilliam
14 Oct 2011 - 12:22 PM

Does Nikon have any plans to go for an enlarged lens-mount as Canon did with the EOS and Contax did for its final few years?

I imagine the tiny "F" lens throat causes the designers a few headaches when they want a really wide aperture lens. The stop-down lever on the f1.2 standard lens isn't exactly ideal.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Oct 2011 - 12:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2011 - 12:31 PM

Quote: I'll answer that one.................. no! Grin

Entry level DSLRs are often cheaper than mirrorless systems.

I didn't know you worked for Nikon! Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2011 - 1:16 PM

Quote:

I didn't know you worked for Nikon! Wink

I don't - I've never even owned a Nikon.

Well actually I did for just one day, several years ago. I took it back to Jessops for a refund! Grin

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2011 - 1:20 PM

Quote: I don't - I've never even owned a Nikon.

Well actually I did for just one day, several years ago. I took it back to Jessops for a refund! Grin

Poor you! You missed out on the best camera system ever made. I just hope you were not sold a.............Canon!!! Wink

Last Modified By Toonman at 14 Oct 2011 - 1:21 PM
strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2011 - 1:22 PM

Its kicking off Pru...

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62450 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
16 Oct 2011 - 8:30 PM

Quote: I absolutely refuse to do without a camera for another 2 months while it's being repaired.
Ex Nikon user!

Fixation in London repair most Nikon (and Canon) equipment - usually in under a week - at similar prices to Nikon. Fixation are also warranty repair agents for most Nikon equipment.

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
16 Oct 2011 - 9:00 PM

Quote: Fixation in London repair most Nikon (and Canon) equipment - usually in under a week - at similar prices to Nikon. Fixation are also warranty repair agents for most Nikon equipment.

I think he lives in Canada or at least a part of NA. Reading Thom Hogan the service received there may not be as good as we get in the UK.

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3600 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
17 Oct 2011 - 9:27 AM

Quote: It seems likely only question about the new camera and it's supporting system will be on the agenda.
An interesting question is how do Nikon rate noise and resolution compared to the discontinued 10 MP D200. I am getting the impression noise might be better.
When will the F mount adapter ship?

Hi,

I asked all of the questions up to david8782's post as then I had the alloted interview time with Nikon. I'll be posting answers shortly.

I can always ask the remaining questions the next time I meet them, should you feel that I /they haven't answered the questions.

The F mount adapter should be shipping in time for Dec,

Thanks

Josh

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3600 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
17 Oct 2011 - 10:48 AM

Article:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/nikon-uk-say-the-megapixel-race-ended-years-ag...

I also asked about the Nikon US pricing, Nikon UK said (to paraphrase) they would not be doing anything like that in the UK, as UK laws would not allow it.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014630 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2011 - 9:33 PM

I have only the one complaint about Nikon, and it is the repair time in Canada. I have never enjoyed a camera system more, or as much, as I did my D70 and lenses + the SB600. I would be using Nikon today, except for a 6-8 week repair time.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2011 - 9:59 PM

Quote: I have only the one complaint about Nikon, and it is the repair time in Canada

It seems a shame to change camera brands because of one unfortunate experience.... which could merely have been a one-off.

These days many enthusiasts have more than one imaging device, and being parted from a particular camera, even for fairly prolonged periods, is no big deal.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014630 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Oct 2011 - 7:12 PM

CB, they tell you 4-6 weeks when you drop off your NIkon for repairs, it's standard, and mine was 8 weeks. I received it a couple of days after I sent them a copy of my post on here about their service. God only knows how long it would have been had I not done that.

Carabosse
19 Oct 2011 - 11:51 AM

They would have given you gold standard service, ever after, Denny! Wink I still think it's an over-reaction......... and a heck of an expense - especially considering all the various systems you've been through ever since.

I have, after very many years with Canon system cameras (first FD then EOS), changed to Olympus. But that is only because Canon do not currently offer anything to compete (i.e. mirrorless CSC). And I do still use Canon lenses on the Olympus, along with the Olympus ones. Smile

StrayCat
19 Oct 2011 - 7:45 PM

You're right there CB, it has been a constant search and expense since giving up on Nikon. However, the situation was a show of extreme arrogance on the part of Nikon service; a take it or leave it attitude, and there was no indication it would ever get better. It's nice to have a choice.Wink

dcash29
dcash29  81904 forum posts England
20 Oct 2011 - 8:44 AM

Quote: Do you have any questions for Nikon?

Why did you change the filter on my D300s so i find doing IR photography impossible.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.