Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

do you need a bag

1 Jun 2013 5:06PM
don't you just hate that I am not talking about the weekly shop but any shop you spend your hard earned cash

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett 4 372 England
1 Jun 2013 5:46PM
Punctuation, may clarify!
Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2013 6:15PM
If you lived in France you would quickly get used to the idea that you carry your own bags wherever you go, and quite right too!
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
1 Jun 2013 7:10PM
The weekly shop: I always answer 'No' when asked if I need a bag, even if it is obvious that I need about 4 or 5. Then, as soon as I have paid, ask for the number I need. No cashier can be @rsed demanding payment, especially if they have already started with the next customer...any other shops than the weekly shop, then I ask if they have a plain one as I don't want to pay for a bag and carry it around as an advert.
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
1 Jun 2013 9:16PM

Quote:If you lived in France

Thankfully we do not, What ever happened to customer service along with all the advertising that goes bag in hand all the way to the car park....!!!

I suppose in France you have to carry your own car park too....Grin Sorry just taking the P, But it had to be done....Tongue
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
1 Jun 2013 9:46PM

Quote:The weekly shop: I always answer 'No' when asked if I need a bag, even if it is obvious that I need about 4 or 5. Then, as soon as I have paid, ask for the number I need. No cashier can be @rsed demanding payment, especially if they have already started with the next customer..

Well done. You continue to treat those people on the checkout with the contempt they deserve for having the temerity to offer you something you need.

Quote:any other shops than the weekly shop, then I ask if they have a plain one as I don't want to pay for a bag and carry it around as an advert.

Bloody right, why should you take your own bag when they can provide you with one.
Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2013 10:52PM
So sad.
bmh1 e2
8 571 1 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2013 8:40AM
If you re-use your own bags for food shopping, do you wash them after use ?
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
2 Jun 2013 9:02AM
It would be interesting to know how many people have died from infections caught from reusable bags since that article was published three years ago. I could hazard a guess though.
redsnappa 12 2.0k United Kingdom
2 Jun 2013 10:20AM

Quote:don't you just hate that
No, I have other things to worry about.

Quote:It would be interesting to know how many people have died from infections caught from reusable bags
probably zero, that is why that newspaper has not published their findings. Typical newspapers trying to scare us again. Every foodstuff that grows in the ground may have e.coli fact, simply wash your food, cook it properly and get over it.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2013 10:58AM

Quote:The weekly shop: I always answer 'No' when asked if I need a bag, even if it is obvious that I need about 4 or 5. Then, as soon as I have paid, ask for the number I need. No cashier can be @rsed demanding payment, especially if they have already started with the next customer...any other shops than the weekly shop, then I ask if they have a plain one as I don't want to pay for a bag and carry it around as an advert.

It is true what they say about the Scottish, tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.