Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

do you need a bag

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    youmightlikethis
    youmightlikethis e2 Member 121012 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
    1 Jun 2013 - 5:06 PM

don't you just hate that I am not talking about the weekly shop but any shop you spend your hard earned cash

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Jun 2013 - 5:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett
    ikett  3347 forum posts England
    1 Jun 2013 - 5:46 PM

Punctuation, may clarify!

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122248 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jun 2013 - 6:15 PM

If you lived in France you would quickly get used to the idea that you carry your own bags wherever you go, and quite right too!

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43857 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jun 2013 - 7:10 PM

The weekly shop: I always answer 'No' when asked if I need a bag, even if it is obvious that I need about 4 or 5. Then, as soon as I have paid, ask for the number I need. No cashier can be @rsed demanding payment, especially if they have already started with the next customer...any other shops than the weekly shop, then I ask if they have a plain one as I don't want to pay for a bag and carry it around as an advert.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 1 Jun 2013 - 7:12 PM
    cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jun 2013 - 9:16 PM

Quote: If you lived in France

Thankfully we do not, What ever happened to customer service along with all the advertising that goes bag in hand all the way to the car park....!!!

I suppose in France you have to carry your own car park too....Grin Sorry just taking the P, But it had to be done....Tongue

CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111543 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jun 2013 - 9:46 PM

Quote: The weekly shop: I always answer 'No' when asked if I need a bag, even if it is obvious that I need about 4 or 5. Then, as soon as I have paid, ask for the number I need. No cashier can be @rsed demanding payment, especially if they have already started with the next customer..

Well done. You continue to treat those people on the checkout with the contempt they deserve for having the temerity to offer you something you need.

Quote: any other shops than the weekly shop, then I ask if they have a plain one as I don't want to pay for a bag and carry it around as an advert.

Bloody right, why should you take your own bag when they can provide you with one.

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122248 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jun 2013 - 10:52 PM

So sad.

bmh1
    bmh1 e2 Member 8571 forum postsbmh1 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jun 2013 - 8:40 AM

If you re-use your own bags for food shopping, do you wash them after use ?

CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111543 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jun 2013 - 9:02 AM

It would be interesting to know how many people have died from infections caught from reusable bags since that article was published three years ago. I could hazard a guess though.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111914 forum posts United Kingdom
    2 Jun 2013 - 10:20 AM

Quote: don't you just hate that

No, I have other things to worry about.

Quote: It would be interesting to know how many people have died from infections caught from reusable bags

probably zero, that is why that newspaper has not published their findings. Typical newspapers trying to scare us again. Every foodstuff that grows in the ground may have e.coli fact, simply wash your food, cook it properly and get over it.

puertouk
    puertouk  21068 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jun 2013 - 10:58 AM

Quote: The weekly shop: I always answer 'No' when asked if I need a bag, even if it is obvious that I need about 4 or 5. Then, as soon as I have paid, ask for the number I need. No cashier can be @rsed demanding payment, especially if they have already started with the next customer...any other shops than the weekly shop, then I ask if they have a plain one as I don't want to pay for a bag and carry it around as an advert.

It is true what they say about the Scottish, tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.