Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

do you print your pics

brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2013 7:09PM
How do their prices for fine art stack up Ade (say a 15"x10" on Photo rag 308)?

For me it works out at 3.50 - 4.00 (ink + paper + deflationary write down cost on the printer) and the last time I looked (a few year back now) the on-line printers I checked were in the 5 -6 range

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
23 Aug 2013 7:32PM
I think as a single copy you may be right Bri, but all my orders are in bulk so it becomes more cost effective the more you buy. The quality over a conventional inkjet print is much better too and of course their prints are fade and water resistant. I can't speak on Photo-rag 308, as I have my prints done on Fibre Baryte Plus 310 or Fine Art Pearl.

For "snapshot" work as I like to call it I also use Photobox and their prices are especially competitive, but the quality match that of Loxley, but it still more cost efficient than using my Epson Stylus Photo PX700W which to be honest is a little hungry when it comes to replacing all 6 of it's cartridges and only prints at A4 of course Sad
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2013 7:45PM
Thanks Ade, maybe something to look at when my Epson R3000 heads to the hills, but I get so much pleasure out of doing my own printing I will probably stick with DIY

(being retired my time doesn't have a cost of course so I don't have to factor that into the equation, otherwise it would probably be quite different)
LouiseTopp 4 522 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2013 10:32AM
Is http://www.loxleycolour.com/ very good please?
seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2013 10:37AM
I print my own on a Pixma Pro 100 (see the other thread) and my pics hang in my local pub, amongst other places. I enjoy printing my own.
In reply to Louise, I had Loxley make a panoramic acrylic print because I couldn't print such a big photo myself. I had taken the shots and made the pano for a friend to hang on his wall. Loxley's service and quality was first class and I thoroughly recommend them.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.