Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

do you print your pics

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
23 Aug 2013 - 7:09 PM

How do their prices for fine art stack up Ade (say a 15"x10" on Photo rag 308)?

For me it works out at 3.50 - 4.00 (ink + paper + deflationary write down cost on the printer) and the last time I looked (a few year back now) the on-line printers I checked were in the 5 -6 range

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Aug 2013 - 7:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
23 Aug 2013 - 7:32 PM

I think as a single copy you may be right Bri, but all my orders are in bulk so it becomes more cost effective the more you buy. The quality over a conventional inkjet print is much better too and of course their prints are fade and water resistant. I can't speak on Photo-rag 308, as I have my prints done on Fibre Baryte Plus 310 or Fine Art Pearl.

For "snapshot" work as I like to call it I also use Photobox and their prices are especially competitive, but the quality match that of Loxley, but it still more cost efficient than using my Epson Stylus Photo PX700W which to be honest is a little hungry when it comes to replacing all 6 of it's cartridges and only prints at A4 of course Sad

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
23 Aug 2013 - 7:45 PM

Thanks Ade, maybe something to look at when my Epson R3000 heads to the hills, but I get so much pleasure out of doing my own printing I will probably stick with DIY

(being retired my time doesn't have a cost of course so I don't have to factor that into the equation, otherwise it would probably be quite different)

LouiseTopp
24 Aug 2013 - 10:32 AM

Is http://www.loxleycolour.com/ very good please?

seahawk
seahawk e2 Member 7529 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
31 Aug 2013 - 10:37 AM

I print my own on a Pixma Pro 100 (see the other thread) and my pics hang in my local pub, amongst other places. I enjoy printing my own.
In reply to Louise, I had Loxley make a panoramic acrylic print because I couldn't print such a big photo myself. I had taken the shots and made the pano for a friend to hang on his wall. Loxley's service and quality was first class and I thoroughly recommend them.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.