Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Does anybody know what has happened to Nik software?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    AnneB50
    AnneB50 e2 Member 2110 forum postsAnneB50 vcard Scotland18 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Mar 2013 - 11:11 PM

I was considering buying Nik silver efex pro last September but had just installed Lightroom 4 and decided to get to grips with that first then buy then Lightroom version which was slightly cheaper. Now it seems that most suppliers are listing it as 'unavailable' and with no indication of when or if it will be back in stock. Does anybody know what has happened to it and if it is unavailable what a good alternative might be?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Mar 2013 - 11:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlanTW
    AlanTW  11342 forum posts
    6 Mar 2013 - 11:35 PM

I believe that it is only available now as a download directly from Nik Software

Alan

AnneB50
    AnneB50 e2 Member 2110 forum postsAnneB50 vcard Scotland18 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2013 - 9:18 AM

Thanks Alan, I'll have a go there, I suppose I was looking on The UK sites where I found it before.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96309 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2013 - 9:24 AM

Google bought NIK Software last year so what the future holds for it or where one can buy it is debatable.

Stephen_w3d
    7 Mar 2013 - 11:08 AM

Download and try the demo version also have a look at Topaz B&W effects. I tried them both and ended up with the topaz software not just because it was cheaper but i found it produced the results i like with out too much effort.

AnneB50
    7 Mar 2013 - 12:33 PM

Thanks Stephen, I will do as you suggest. I have found silver efex pro on the Fotospeed website but it seems to have gone up in price quite a lot since I last looked and it also says compatible with Lightroom 2, so maybe next avoid it for the time being.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:11 PM

Hi Anne, this looks like a good deal to me. Maybe you can find the same deal over there. Adorama are a highly regarded firm over here, I've used them many times.

Denny

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.