Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Does anyone else feel EPZ could do more for the sports photographer ??

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
lgc
lgc  962 forum posts England
31 Aug 2006 - 6:25 PM

After a recent discussion with Mr.Paul Frost I have come to the conclusion that the site could offer more for the sports photography.
I think things like interviews/ articles with top sports photographers who work in different fields ie ball sports, watersports, motorsports etc would be interesting and really helpful. It would be great to read about the working lives of these people and hopefully it would inspire more people in getting involved in sports photography and I hope they would find it as exciting and satisfying as I do!!! This is not a complaint but an idea for the people who work for EPZ!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Aug 2006 - 6:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2006 - 6:30 PM

People prefer chocolate boxy landscapes, birds, macro stuff, nude women etc.

That's the problem you face on EPZ as a sports tog!

lgc
31 Aug 2006 - 6:33 PM

But dont you think that this is because they dont know better?? If they had more information/ advice/ articles that they would see sports photoraphy in a different light????

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014204 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2006 - 6:34 PM

There's almost no ice hockey.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2006 - 6:37 PM

Quote: But dont you think that this is because they dont know better??

Nope! You don't have to know about a landscape or a nude person to like it! Wink

BOB S
BOB S  112622 forum posts
31 Aug 2006 - 6:39 PM

I think that EPz can only be a reflection of the people who populate it, if that is fewer sports photographers than landscape artists the hey, so be it.

The landscape guys could be saying the same thing with more justification as there are more of them!!?

BOB

lgc
31 Aug 2006 - 6:44 PM

I understand but dont you think they are missing out?? dont you get a lot of satisfaction from your work?? I know I do. After commenting on a surf shot that someone posted the other day, they said they found the comments really helpful, and commented that they usually took ocean pictures but will definatley have a go at more surf shots.
Dont you think professional advice would be really interesting??

keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2006 - 6:47 PM

Quote: But dont you think that this is because they dont know better??

Nope.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
31 Aug 2006 - 6:49 PM

Perhaps sports photography has a smaller base of enthusiasts, much like astrophotography, aircraft, shipping and many more.

I think we hear enough about sportsmen/women on TV in the papers and various celeb mags, without importing it into EPZ.

Of course some of it is of interest, but do we need it to be able to take photos?

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
31 Aug 2006 - 6:50 PM

(edit)

fauxtography
31 Aug 2006 - 6:57 PM

Lorenzo i think you've answered yourself:

Quote: After commenting on a surf shot that someone posted the other day, they said they found the comments really helpful, and commented that they usually took ocean pictures but will definitely have a go at more surf shots.

By commenting on the shots that people post, and there are a fair few albeit much less than something like landscape, you'll encourage people more and if they encourage others then it will escalate.

Pete often asks for user input in the form of articles etc, so maybe get writing and submit some Smile

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Carabosse
31 Aug 2006 - 7:02 PM

Quote: I think we hear enough about sportsmen/women on TV in the papers and various celeb mags, without importing it into EPZ.

Good point!

lgc
31 Aug 2006 - 7:04 PM

Thanks for the advice Mark, I thought I had offended the Landscape crowd there for a second!!!
I think I have confused a few people, I was talking about Sports photographers and not Sports celebrities on the Tv!!

Carabosse
31 Aug 2006 - 7:27 PM

I think the substance of the point was that we get bombarded with all aspects of sport in the media. There is no lack of information about the subject in general terms.

Knowing how sports togs get their pics may be of some interest but it is a little doubtful whether this would stimulate interest in their products.

spaceman
spaceman  105159 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2006 - 8:07 PM

Quote: a nude person

You make them sound like an ethnic minority Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.