Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Does anyone have any suggestions?

gloroz 4 1 United States
24 Oct 2012 7:31PM
Hello,

I currently have a Canon Power Shoot 120.

My camera needs have changed.

I was thinking of getting a DSLR. I was considering the Nikon D3200 with 18-200 lens. The problem is I really can not aford it. It would take me quite a while to save up for one. The only situaiton is I don't want to be lugging around a larger camera.

I had been considering the Fuji ES30. Then Canon came out with the SX50.

I am really not sure what to do at this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
24 Oct 2012 8:00PM
Nikon D3200 with that lens will give you a fantastic combination to work with. You can really get to grips with learning all you want and won't limit you with how creative you want to be. Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
24 Oct 2012 8:04PM
How about one of the compact system camera`s, Sony, Nikon, Pentax, Canon, Olympus, there made by all now, and there`s something for everyone.

If your own a tight budget have a look at the Olympus EPM1 or the Sony and Nikon entry level kits.
petebfrance 2 1.3k France
24 Oct 2012 8:33PM
It would help if you could more idea of what you want sort of pictures you want to shoot with the camera, and whether you want to be a 'photographer' or are just aiming to enjoy photography and share pictures on the internet etc.
It's best to provide more information on what you want it for so that people can advise.
Certainly the SX50 looks an interesting option, and I suspect from reading reviews (I keep thinking about updating my bridge camera) that it would be more satisfactory than the Fuji (which I would not buy, based on reviews / comments etc.) - but I have to admit that I'm not yet sure either. I'm waiting for a few more reviews on the SX50, but it's by no means certain that I'll buy even if it is the best around.....
Pete

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.