Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Does my Panasonic G3 have a fault?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    BrizzleJ
    BrizzleJ  1
    30 Mar 2013 - 7:04 PM

Hi there, I recently purchased a refurbished G3 from ebay and much to my disappointment when I started using it properly today I noticed there seems to be a dark patch appearing in some of the photos. It is often in a fairly similar place and can span 2/3 of the length of the photo, however it is apparent in some but not in others. I have attached an example of what I mean in the picture below. My immediate thought was dust on the sensor, but surely they patch would appear in exactly the same place in every photo? A little confused and would like some advice please! Has anyone experienced anything similar? It is covered by warranty so wondering if I should send it off to be looked at?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

James

p1010042.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Mar 2013 - 7:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

duratorque
    duratorque  11413 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Mar 2013 - 8:22 PM

Do you mean the rectangular shape left of this lovely girl? If it is then I would say it has a fault.

lawbert
    lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Mar 2013 - 8:24 PM

All I can see is shadows from different light sources James

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Mar 2013 - 8:30 PM

Take a picture of an evenly lit blank wall, with no shadows. Then you will see if its a problem with the camera

MichaelMelb_AU
    30 Mar 2013 - 10:13 PM

You mean that rectangular smear on the left, correct? If so, my only suspect of the moment would be the sensor cover glass. This will show up if you follow the advice above - make series of photographs of evenly lit grey wall.

BrizzleJ
    BrizzleJ  1
    31 Mar 2013 - 9:20 AM

Yep I was referring to the rectangular mark on the left of the photo. Sometimes it appears to have a purple line along the left hand edge of the rectangle. I'll try a picture of an evenly lit wall and post it up here. Thanks for all your comments Smile

Last Modified By BrizzleJ at 31 Mar 2013 - 9:40 AM
    BrizzleJ
    BrizzleJ  1
    31 Mar 2013 - 9:44 AM

As suggested I took some photos of a wall in my house in the morning sun today. The area to the left of the photo had no shadows whatsoever and the patch is clearly visible. This shot also shows what I mean about the purple discoloration. What is likely to be the cause? Do I need to send the camera back or is it something that is relatively easily fixed?

p1010102.jpg

franken
    franken e2 Member 123129 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2013 - 9:54 AM

Looks like something on the sensor?

Take the lens off and have a look at the sensor.

I think that you may have to send it back to be honest.

Ken

KingBee
    KingBee e2 Member 8329 forum postsKingBee vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2013 - 11:02 AM

I got my G3 off eBay and it has performed faultlessly from day 1. I'm not expert enough to have any idea as to what your fault is, but if I'd seen something like this in my images I'd have gone back to the seller immediately. I assume you've alerted the seller to the potential problem? I'm sure if you have any difficulties eBay will help you sort them out.

Regards.

Bob

duratorque
    duratorque  11413 forum posts United Kingdom
    31 Mar 2013 - 11:43 AM

Seeing this second photo, it has a fault. Send it back for a refund.

lawbert
    lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2013 - 12:03 PM

Definitely a fault...I would send it straight back if I were you.
    Very disappointing for you..Lets hope they are quick in a repair or replacement

BrizzleJ
    BrizzleJ  1
    31 Dec 2013 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for all your help guys, I've since sent the camera to Panasonic and is now fixed!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.