Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Does the genre affect you?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 8:43 PM

Quote: A very narrow view of the genre I think has been described.

I did make the comment tongue in cheek as it conjured up possibilities for sending people into a rage about trivial stuff because there was nothing else to vent their anger on? I don't know, but the amount of upset over the years (as you know Cheryl because some has been vented at you) seems generally not be distributed evenly among genres. So it got me thinking perhaps there's some sort of emotional response connected with genre?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Mar 2011 - 8:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 8:49 PM

I know it was to provoke an argument Pete.

After being at work sitting alone in a wooden box is a blessed relief, believe me!

You do realise some hides are for more than one person? In Finland the main hide was for 5, including to sleep in. So not totally an unsociable genre. Although after sharing with some people you do wish for a smaller hide Wink

Still I could take up landscape photography and just put my tripod in the holes left by the last person to take that view Tongue

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014451 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 9:22 PM

Cheryl, I've said it before; Pete has never sh*t in the woods. I haven't done much else but wildlife photography, and I've never used a hide. In fact I've only ever seen one in use in my lifetime, so it must be a misconception held by the missinformed.Smile Like Cheryl, I knew why Pete posted this thread, however, those days are in the past, we're all happy and agreeable people.Wink

Bird on a stick with hot sauce, mmmmm!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 9:34 PM

Quote: I know it was to provoke an argument Pete.

???? Quite the opposite...I'd love peace and union. I'm fed up of seeing snide comments about voters and awards and this pictures is better than that etc. I can't see why people can't accept that there are different types of photographers on the site, but the one area that seems to be affected most is wildlife.

Quote: You do realise some hides are for more than one person?

Err yes and you don't have to go to Finland to find them...it was a joke...imagine a cartoon figure in your head of a person cramped up focusing on a stick and the birds are all taking the pee round the back. Simon's cat style.

JamesGarfield
24 Mar 2011 - 9:55 PM

Quote: I'm fed up of seeing snide comments about voters and awards and this pictures is better than that etc

Well Pete as long as you have a voting system which leads to awards then it will get abused by the Click Cliques as I believe they're referred to. I'm sure you've heard it all before 100's of times so i'm not going to bother outlining what the problems are and how I feel they should be resolved and in fact really have to question why you've started this thread despite your explanation at the beginning.

Personally I've lost much of my interest and enthusiasm for EPZ, some due to some of the absolute dross that is posted in the gallery which then does extraordinarily well because of association and not talent and also because of the forums which are repetitive and at times anti social and I could flag up 100's of postings that have gone bad because the self righteous crew seem to have a permanent camp there.

Last Modified By JamesGarfield at 24 Mar 2011 - 9:56 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 9:57 PM

Pete shot himself in the foot there....Smile LOL

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014720 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 10:19 PM

I think you should all become architecture photographers - we're a very chilled out bunch, it's like landscape but you don't have to drive hundreds of miles and NOT get a sunrise, your subject doesn't move (unless you're in Japan), you can do it at lunch time or after work, you can pop into the pub very easily, you meet interesting (usually drunk) people who ask you interesting (yet inane) questions, there's lots of interesting stuff around buildings and on the EPZ richter scale, there's very little disruption... I think the only real scrap was in the tell it as it is group, which was meant to be a provocative place.

Love your fellow togs by shooting architecture!

as for birds on sticks - go for it. Seems a bit weird, but just like people who pay good money to get dressed up in nappies and spanked - it doesn't affect me, so live and let live.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 10:23 PM

What an image: Ade dresses up in nappy and getting spanked......Tongue

ade_mcfade
24 Mar 2011 - 10:24 PM

Quote: Personally I've lost much of my interest and enthusiasm for EPZ, some due to some of the absolute dross that is posted in the gallery which then does extraordinarily well because of association and not talent and also because of the forums which are repetitive and at times anti social and I could flag up 100's of postings that have gone bad because the self righteous crew seem to have a permanent camp there.

must admit to seeing exactly what you're seeing

but

I think the solution is for the dormant members to come out of their hibernation and bring the site back to life - we've seen a few old faves return with varying degrees of forum/gallery input, if more joined in, the self righteous crew (... hope I'm not in that by the way Wink ) will be drowned out and happiness will return

it's about the "community" - and that's the members, not the team

ade_mcfade
24 Mar 2011 - 10:24 PM

Quote: What an image: Ade dresses up in nappy and getting spanked......Tongue

I knew you'd get turned on by that Cole Wink

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73818 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 10:44 PM

Quote: What an image: Ade dresses up in nappy and getting spanked......Tongue

Thanks Cole, that's not an image I wanted to conjur up just before going to bed. Wink

Last Modified By Nick_w at 24 Mar 2011 - 10:46 PM
ade_mcfade
24 Mar 2011 - 10:55 PM

its pretty tame compared to what he normally dreams up Wink

StrayCat
24 Mar 2011 - 11:31 PM

Haven't looked at the meter lately, but I don't sense a slackening of the forum.

ade_mcfade
24 Mar 2011 - 11:36 PM

which meter you looking at ?

StrayCat
25 Mar 2011 - 4:34 AM

The one I have here in the studio. It gives me a reading on the site mood, and I govern myself accordingly.Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.