Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Dog photography for Dogs Trust - Justin Paget

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Sus
    Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Mar 2012 - 11:00 PM

http://www.justinpaget.com/clients/dogstrust/

I loved these shots that this photographer got at Dogs Trust Snetterton. Why can't I get pics like this! Though I think he is big on lighting....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Mar 2012 - 11:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell
    16 Mar 2012 - 7:33 AM

Why not contact him and ask him to do a piece for the site?Grin You can get all his secrets then!

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Mar 2012 - 8:31 AM

No disrespect to the photographer, Sus, but just high key shots though, shouldn't be too hard to do.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 16 Mar 2012 - 8:31 AM
    Sus
    16 Mar 2012 - 8:54 AM

Hard for me to do Sad Yes, I need his secrets!

rhol2
    rhol2 e2 Member 3281 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Mar 2012 - 11:44 AM

It might be worth checking whether or not your camera has a high key setting tucked away somewhere, I know Olympus DSLRs do..and probably many others.

Otherwise you can experiment with the exposure compensation control to dial in a degree of overexposure. Also try to use a white or light coloured background.

Last Modified By rhol2 at 16 Mar 2012 - 12:02 PM
    KathyW
    KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Mar 2012 - 6:22 PM

He probably has one of those lastolite hi-lite things that will give you a plain white background and uses a couple of lights either side of the subject. No big secret really, you just need the kit.

I want that collie cross!!! Wink

Sus
    16 Mar 2012 - 6:40 PM

Me too!!

Sus
    17 Mar 2012 - 10:04 AM

Actually I prefer the one of the staffie which doesn't have a high key background. I think I just need a nice suitable background like that set up in a suitable place in the house. My comments on my last lab picture showed that I strugged with the background lighting and shadowing. I think the ones here where he's totally removed all background and just left the dog suspended in white space look a bit weird. Its just getting the right gentle shadow around the dog. But if I go for a 'set' (ie like those gundog backgrounds) I won't have to worry about that. I have some ideas!

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Mar 2012 - 10:10 AM

Just find a door/wall with peeled off paints, like you would with people portrait. Should work nicely with the colour and textures.

Sus
    17 Mar 2012 - 11:27 AM

Good idea, I want something in the house or garden so I've got it to hand. But that's given me some ideas.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.