Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Doing the honourable thing....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53627 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2011 - 6:27 PM

It seems right that he has gone - thanks for the link.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Oct 2011 - 6:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Bridgelayer
14 Oct 2011 - 8:17 PM

Quote: If it wasn't Liam Fox, would it matter?

If was at our (the taxpayers) expense, yes it would matter.

It seems that Sky news (cough, spit) traced the address of the Sri Lankan firm he was meeting back to a London address. Surpise, surprise, this address turned out to be the address of G3, a company that deals with "International Security", in other words, mercenaries.

And how is Foxy tied up with them, along with his little friend?

thewilliam
14 Oct 2011 - 8:54 PM

It'll be interesting to see how Dr Fox's career develops! Will there be any nice lucrative directorships in defence related firms?

MrsS
MrsS  84527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2011 - 9:32 PM

Quote: It'll be interesting to see how Dr Fox's career develops!

He could always turn his hand to d-j ing! Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2011 - 10:05 PM

Quote: Will there be any nice lucrative directorships in defence related firms?

After a decent interval - say about six months - most certainly.

In financial terms this could be the best thing that ever happened to him. Armaments firms will be delighted to have someone on their board who knows exactly what they have to do to get major defence contracts.

ray835
ray835  5149 forum posts Wales
15 Oct 2011 - 10:09 AM

i thought he was a DJ TongueWink

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2011 - 1:34 PM

I thought that he was looking for the old speckled hen! Wink

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
15 Oct 2011 - 1:39 PM

It's his buddy I feel for. What's he going to do now his nice little earner's gone and got *ucked?

'Ex-advisor to Mr Fox (that was)'

p.s. all due credit to the ex-defence secretary for doing the decent thing...... er, before he fell headlong into a gaping chasm of his own making.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
15 Oct 2011 - 1:53 PM

Not sure I get this. The successor to the defence secretary that was states that his predecessor had done a "brilliant job".

Perhaps someone can enlighten me because, as you'll know, I wouldn't want to tar other Tories with the same brush, now would I?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2011 - 2:29 PM

Quote: The successor to the defence secretary that was states that his predecessor had done a "brilliant job".

Hardly likely to say his (same party) predecessor had done an abysmal job, is he? Wink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014141 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2011 - 2:54 PM

Quote: Hardly likely to say his (same party) predecessor had done an abysmal job, is he? Wink

Unless he is Ken Clarke Grin

monstersnowman
15 Oct 2011 - 10:47 PM

Well I dont know what job he will be doing in 6 months time but safe to say, if his name was Mandleson and the Prime Minister was Bliar he would be back in a government job once the dust has settled ;o)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.