Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Domain Name

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    popeyebilly
    27 Jun 2011 - 3:15 PM

I currently have a website with a co.uk domain name, but i have no control over the site, which means i can't change pictures as much as i like without paying for it. I am trying to change website so i have more freedom, does anyone know how i can get that domain name for another website as i have business cards made up with that name. I own the domain name, so does that mean the bloke that hosts my site at the moments, has to let me have it.
    Ant

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Jun 2011 - 3:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Jun 2011 - 3:22 PM

The domain is registered with a domain host company. That company asks for renewal every year two years or however long you've paid up for. You can move it from one domain host to another but you need access to the domain host's software. Usually an admin system. If the bloke has done it all for you he will have access and it's him who will need to change it for you. You could keep it with the same company and transfer to a new account with your password and email so you have full control. Or you can switch to another domain host. When switching you start from scratch so a domain renewal fee is required.
    Once you have control of your domain you can build a site in an easy to use system like foliopic or similar and point the domain to the new site.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.