Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

done something dumb with my Bowen

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2012 - 7:52 PM

Hi all you'll either laugh at this or think i am a complete Idiot either way ill accept it Smile.

When i was setting up my studio lights on the last shoot i managed to blow the main flash bulb or something worse i am not sure yet and need advise.
    with the light on i tried to put a large softbox on that had a metal fixing for the softbox to attach to the light and i touched the main flash bulb, got a nice bang and of course it does not work now.
    Presumably i have blown the bulb and need a new one or is there a fuse in these thing some where that might have tripped first if so where is it and if it's the bulb anyone know where i can obtain one please as i have another 2 bookings and need the light as a 3rd.

thank you in advance from a numpty that should know better TongueTongue

Last Modified By ianrobinson at 9 Oct 2012 - 7:54 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Oct 2012 - 7:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ray1
    ray1  10515 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2012 - 8:01 PM

Have to tried changing bulbs with the other light.

scottishphototours

Calumet sell both flash tubes and modelling lamps for all Bowens lights.

Switch off the flash when changing the softbox next time!!

ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2012 - 8:08 PM

lol thx scottishphototours i will definetly have lights off when doing anything next time.

Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 41177 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Oct 2012 - 8:33 PM

As ray1 says...swap the bulbs over first. Is it the flash tube or the modelling light not working?

Not sure about Bowens, but most flashes have a fuse screwed into the head somewhere (normally a small circular screwed panel) or you can try the fuse in the plug. Try swapping power leads between heads too to eliminate the plug fuse.

By process of elimination you should be able to decide what is not working.

Nick

ianrobinson
    9 Oct 2012 - 8:45 PM

modeling light is fine but the flash is not.
    I presume they are around 70.00, ouch.

ianrobinson
    9 Oct 2012 - 8:46 PM

yep thx for the help guys i am pretty sure from eliminating a few things there that it is the flash bulb.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.