Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

dont you just love it when ...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    c40uk
    c40uk e2 Member 182 forum postsc40uk vcard United Kingdom
    14 Jul 2013 - 9:09 AM

you get to the place you want to be, get all set up, take a few shots at a few different setting, get your shoot ready take a few shoots pretty sure you have a pin sharp shot you want , get home put card into laptop to download images, thumb nails all looking good and feeling pretty happy with myself , only to open images up to find there all a bit fuzzy at the edges .
    subject water fall into river flowing round some rocks , lighting nice and broken through trees catching a few mossy rocks , 0.5 0.8 1second. 1.5 and 2 second exposer times ,
    ,all confused as how it could happen camera was on a tripod rock solid on a 2 second self timer so i knew there was no camera shake , then it hit me ......
    i didnt turn VC of the lens , a homer simpson doh moment followed ! gutted i was , but it wont happen to this beginner again i hope .

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Jul 2013 - 9:09 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graysta
    Graysta  91135 forum posts England
    14 Jul 2013 - 9:19 AM

I alway's tape over the VR switches on my Nikon lenses, I find it easier to move a piece of tape if needed then to be catching them as they in an easy place to move as you hold the lens.

c40uk
    14 Jul 2013 - 9:29 AM

as a complete novice i was proper happy i may have a good photo too, but alas not that time. its a learning curve

ArtyArt
    ArtyArt e2 Member 3226 forum postsArtyArt vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jul 2013 - 9:41 AM

I may be wrong on this, but I thought it was better to off VR when using a tripod or never press the shutter all the way down straight away as you have to let the VR system settle down before taking the shot.

matmonty
    matmonty  10120 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Jul 2013 - 10:11 AM

It could also be mirror vibration!!!!! Sad Sad

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jul 2013 - 10:27 AM

Quote: I may be wrong on this, but I thought it was better to off VR when using a tripod

Quite so while also throws up a poor design feature.
    As stated tape over it or super glue it to off Wink

It begs the question that perhaps modern cameras are a little too complicated

Dave_Canon
    14 Jul 2013 - 11:42 AM

This is not a problem with my Canon IS lenses. When using a tripod, movement is clearly zero or almost so and the sensor in the IS system deactivates IS. It is still probably a good idea to switch it off but I usually forget but fortunately it does not matter for my two IS lenses. Are you sure that this is not true for Nikon VR lenses and the problems actually due to something else?

Dave

c40uk
    14 Jul 2013 - 11:45 AM

mines a tamron lens , and only reason i think its that , is cause i read it in the reviews before i bought it . Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.