Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Dorset meets?

9 Oct 2007 7:41PM
Hi, my name is mark I bumped into a group of friends from this website on Saturday who recommended me to join here, I have joined here and I have also started an online course which was advertised on this site, Iím a bit unsure where to look on the forums for meetings of the same.

How often do the meets take place?
Where / time do you meet? And would it be possible you could allow me to tag along and share some of you experience?

Thank you
Mark Connell

Ps: - I would love to also join in on the Dorset boat meet mentioned in another forum I would like to know some people before hand

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
9 Oct 2007 8:15PM
welcome Mark.

I'm one of the Dorset crew but I was safely at home on Saturday, 'tho I do remember Mike, Rob and Phill talking to a possible new recruit when we were in Weymouth / Portland on Sunday, was that you? Wink

There's a meets section on this website if you look in the forums and the get togethers are usually posted there.
9 Oct 2007 8:17PM
- which I've just realised you've posted this in - damn you Jack Daniels.....
Maddie 9 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2007 8:21PM
I think i may have bumped into you aswell Mark, welcome to the Mad House Smile
Cowbags 10 436 England
9 Oct 2007 8:31PM
Welcome to Epz. Are you sure you want to meet the Dorset crew - as Maddie says ... we are all mad!! Keep your eyes peeled in the Forums as Ex says, the meets are usually posted in there. I'm sure Maddie will organise another one soon!

Claire
Maddie 9 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2007 8:50PM
I feel something in my bones, the end of october....Wink
Cowbags 10 436 England
9 Oct 2007 8:53PM
What's happening at the end of October?
9 Oct 2007 8:56PM
The beginning of November...

Wink
doug_7 9 482 England
9 Oct 2007 9:14PM
and Halloween Smile
pennyspike 11 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2007 9:37PM
Welcome Mark.
I'm another one of the Dorset crowd. Hope to meet you sometime but the beginning of November I'm hoping to catch a few more fish in warmer climesSmile
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2007 10:29PM

Quote:I feel something in my bones, the end of october....

Oh no.....she'll be getting the broom stick out..
Wink
Cowbags 10 436 England
10 Oct 2007 5:41PM
Not another holiday Penny!! Any room in your suitcase for a small one? LOL!
10 Oct 2007 7:27PM
hey Mark
im Phill
if your the guy im thinking of dark hair holding a pentax and ya had wife / girlfriend with trolly sorry i mean pushchair Smile
if i remember right i ask you to join us at portland bill ????
also if i recall correctly you wanted a cam club and were trying to get your feet on the floor with a photographic subject ??
am i right??
well welcome to the site and you are most welcome to join up with us guys anytime you like
or if you are out in certain parts of dorset just call on us and we might be able to join you
well all live more or less on the Jurassic coast somewhere
nice to meet you btw
cheers phill
10 Oct 2007 11:31PM
Hello again everyone, you are right i am that guy, mind you the woman with the push chair was with another guy who we asked what you were doing they didn't know and was to shy to ask, oh well just as i was going to tell him and forward what you said to me they had gone.

thank you all for the replys to this fourm and my photo. i shall be keeping my eye out for you all on the forums and will try to get to the next meet, i'll also keep posting my attempts on here when i can get round to re-sizing my favorite ones

thanks again
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
11 Oct 2007 1:55PM
To coincide with Northscapesouth going live we are pleased to announce a FREE One Day Workshop at Portland Bill on Saturday 27th October.

Beginning before dawn and ending at sunset, the day will be based around Portland and Chesil Beach. Guests and vistors are free to join us when they want and each is responsible for their own transport and food (Coffee, tea and biscuits will be available.)

So come and learn how to get the best out of your camera and equipment, fine tune your compositions, make your metering spot-on, pick up tricks, tips and meet others with the same passion for photography.

Keith

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.