Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Double-Sided Business Cards

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Apr 2010 - 10:22 PM

Anyone have any recommendations for printers of double-sided business cards.

I've tried the Moo offer twice now. The first set were too red, which I took to be a profile issue on my part, so tried again.

This time their template would not let me line up a logo where I wanted it, so on one side it was right at the top (which is how I wanted it) but on the reverse it insisted I leave a white border. So it just looked wrong as you turn the card over. Now I know I could use a PDF and upload, but I just wanted a simple online ordering as I want some for the consultancy and the photography company. And to be honest I am not sure that even using a PDF would solve this problem on Moo.

So anyone used a really good company, that is not ridiculously expensive?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Apr 2010 - 10:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LensYews
    LensYews  51309 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Apr 2010 - 11:17 PM

I hate to say it, but my current ones are from Photobox. No issues with the quality (unlike some of their other products) so they might be worth a look. They are also template based, so you might find the layout restrictive through.

Funkyfotos
    15 Apr 2010 - 9:27 AM

I use solopress based in Essex, they have a quick turnaround and are around 75 for 1000 for double sided, laminated including postage.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2010 - 9:35 AM

I have used Moo once.
    Can't say it is red, but then I am not critical about things like that.
    I have issue with their background colours though. As I want to match the bg colour of my logo to the bg colour of the card, but there is no way to do it, as they do not provide any colour code. I did a printscreen and use that in photoshop. Even though it looks matching on screen, but when printed out, both colours are different!

theorderingone
    15 Apr 2010 - 11:58 AM

I've used Moo a few times.

Colours seem bang on to me and I like the shape of the minicards.

Henners88
    Henners88  5204 forum posts United Kingdom
    15 Apr 2010 - 12:34 PM

I used these guys and had a photo put on the back of each of mine. 49 for 500 double sided at the time.

http://printing.com/

Henry Smile

jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2010 - 3:42 PM

I always use Wordcrafts in Leicester, they ship all over even Swadlincote.....Wink

Geoffs your man down there.

All printed digitally on an indigo.

Normally about 30+Vat for 250 qty

jken

Last Modified By jken at 15 Apr 2010 - 3:45 PM
    csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2010 - 4:00 PM

Thanks all.

Moo would be fine if I could be sure that the logos would be lined up, but you insert an image on the front side. Then type you text for the reverse and can load an image. The software won't let you put the logo high enough up to print on the edge. Single-sided would be fine. I'm reluctant to pay another 2.95 to try again with them as I could see the problem on the template, but hoped that this was just a representational error.

Maybe I'll try a PDF with them.

Looked at the printing.com from a previous thread and have ordered their sample pack. Main issue there is I wouldn't want to order 500 until I was sure that the results were going to be as I wanted. Which is why the Moo offer for a trial is good.

Thanks jken, unfortunately their website is under construction at the moment, but a local printer may be the way to go. I did find a company in Loughborough that looked quite good as well and I have their leaflet somewhere.

jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2010 - 4:04 PM

Wordcrafts have just done my cards and fliers again 250 of each for a princely some of 55.

Chuffed to bits, comparing them to last years there's no colour difference at all, superb quality.
    Give'em a call.

jken

Last Modified By jken at 15 Apr 2010 - 4:04 PM
    BigRick
    BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2010 - 8:37 PM

Vistaprint.... if you dont need the double sided option then they will do you 250 for postage only.... dont remember how much the double sided is though.

or solopress, i have used them too in the past and still have all my flyers printed by them.

bangalicious
    15 Apr 2010 - 9:07 PM

Vistaprint also do double sided, i think from memory i paid about 30.
    Pretty free to design your own. The quality is not amazing, but for that price I wasnt expecting it to be.

HTH.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Apr 2010 - 2:33 PM

Cheryl,
    maybe you can upload some printscreen or something showing what you want to achieve and what Moo is offering.
    Can't visualize what you want.... Smile

chasney
    chasney  10138 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Apr 2010 - 3:07 PM

Have you had a look at Goodprint?

Not the cheapest but easy to use, on screen preview facility is good and ordering straightforward.

Good quality too - helps re-inforce a good first impression.

For minimum hassle, a good choice of ready made templates sealed it for me.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.