Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Download section

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2013 - 5:33 PM

Recently David set up a new downloads area were we can share Lightroom camera profiles.

The files I uploaded went live yesterday (friday) and in the first 24 hours there were 565 downloads.

Looks like this could be a very popular part of the site if more people got involved in sharing.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jun 2013 - 5:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH
GlennH e2 Member 81820 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2013 - 6:15 PM

Surely the chief advantage of creating a camera profile is that it reflects the sensor in your own camera?

JJGEE
JJGEE  96097 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2013 - 6:22 PM

Amazing how 565 people knew and found the new downloads area ! !

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2013 - 7:03 PM

Quote: Surely the chief advantage of creating a camera profile is that it reflects the sensor in your own camera?

And others

JJGEE
15 Jun 2013 - 7:43 PM

? Are you sure they are camera profiles.

To me the ones that have been created appear to be more like lens profiles as they are for different lenses with the same camera.

Paul Morgan
15 Jun 2013 - 7:44 PM

No there camera profiles.

JJGEE
15 Jun 2013 - 7:45 PM

So why do you need different camera profiles for different lenses ?

Paul Morgan
15 Jun 2013 - 7:55 PM

Because different lenses can have different effects.

GlennH
GlennH e2 Member 81820 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2013 - 8:17 PM

The difference that exists between Adobe's generic profiles and your own camera profile is just as likely to exist if you try sharing home-cooked profiles with others. Those profiles are only more accurate to begin with because they've been produced by measuring the colour response of your own sensor. That same type of sensor might very well vary between one manufacturing batch and the next.

Lenses have different colour characteristics, especially pronounced if you like mixing up your brands.

JJGEE
15 Jun 2013 - 8:19 PM

Quote: Because different lenses can have different effects.

That is why I thought they were lens profiles not camera profiles.

Paul Morgan
15 Jun 2013 - 8:49 PM

Quote: Those profiles are only more accurate to begin with because they've been produced by measuring the colour response of your own sensor

So your trying to tell me no two 5D Mk111 sensors will be the same or deliver the same results Smile

Ah well guess we better all go back to using the default adobe profile.

Paul Morgan
15 Jun 2013 - 8:54 PM

Quote: Because different lenses can have different effects.
That is why I thought they were lens profiles not camera profiles.

Yes your getting mixed up with lens correction Smile

JJGEE
15 Jun 2013 - 9:11 PM

Quote: Yes your getting mixed up with lens correction Smile

Well, my version of Lightroom 5 thinks they are profiles.

profile.jpg

Paul Morgan
15 Jun 2013 - 9:16 PM

Your looking in the wrong section, camera profiles and lens profiles are not the same.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 15 Jun 2013 - 9:18 PM
GlennH
15 Jun 2013 - 9:28 PM

Quote: So your trying to tell me no two 5D Mk111 sensors will be the same or deliver the same results :

Nope, I'm trying to tell you that even same-model cameras can vary in their output. Do you imagine Adobe don't use actual 5D MkIII bodies when creating profiles? They're providing you with a generic profile, you're rejecting it, and now you're providing someone else with a generic profile, which is what it becomes when it's not applied to your camera.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.