Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Download section

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
19 Jun 2013 7:33PM
The first load I uploaded went a bit viral and were downloaded in the hundreds, if think the most popular were for the 45mm and 12-50mm, I believe the 45mm daylight alone saw something like between 600 and 700 downloads, just a pity there was a small bug meaning any file downloaded had a file size of 0 bytes and would not work Smile

Hope it hasn`t put anyone off.

Quote:My modest offering is still AWOL

I`d put a report in or re-upload, not sure how popular it would be though, you should have done one for Canon or Nikon Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
20 Jun 2013 7:34AM
Just flipped through the `Download' section...a lot of them are now out of date or have been updated...e.g. Focus related and vat spreadsheets....should someone be doing some housekeeping? Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Jun 2013 5:47AM
Its a part of the site that is easily over looked, its up to us to make more use of this section and to upload and share.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jul 2013 2:51PM
I`ve added some new LR camera profiles here.

http://www.ephotozine.com/downloads/lightroom-camera-profiles-448

If anyone is wondering what a camera profile does here is an example showing before and after.

p7070018-standard.jpg

p7070018-profiled.jpg

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
9 Jul 2013 3:04PM

Quote:If anyone is wondering what a camera profile does here is an example showing before and after.

And I am still wondering as I cannot see any difference between the two Sad
9 Jul 2013 3:31PM
Reds appear to be more vibrant and the blue sky as well.
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
9 Jul 2013 4:42PM

Quote:And I am still wondering as I cannot see any difference between the two Sad

One possibility is that you're viewing them on a monitor that has insufficient gamut to discern much difference. In that case, out-of-gamut colours are usually pinned to the edge of your monitor profile.

The colour will look extravagant in both to some people because Paul hasn't embedded any profiles (they'll look okay in tweaked Firefox).
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jul 2013 5:21PM

Quote:The colour will look extravagant in both to some people because Paul hasn't embedded any profiles (they'll look okay in tweaked Firefox)

Do you mean raw information, the colours look rich because the subjects are rich.

This one here looks more natural but she wasn`t lobster burnt, same profiles applied Smile

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/paul-morgan-599/gallery/photo/---34695651

How about I upload the raw so you can all download it along with the LR profile as well and have a play.
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
9 Jul 2013 6:13PM

Quote:Do you mean raw information, the colours look rich because the subjects are rich.

No, just a regular sRGB profile - if you don't embed one they'll effectively be seen as non colour-managed in most browsers, which won't make a massive difference except to people with wide-gamut monitors (probably).

Not sure if that makes any difference to Jeff, but it might. In most browsers, if the image doesn't have a profile, the monitor profile gets bypassed too - there's nothing to translate. Firefox can be tweaked to 'guess' sRGB, but I don't believe other browsers can.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jul 2013 6:28PM

Quote:No, just a regular sRGB profile - if you don't embed one they'll effectively be seen as non colour-managed in most browsers, which won't make a massive difference except to people with wide-gamut monitors (probably)

That could be were I`m going wrong, I usually just save for web.

There is another one in my portfolio that wasn`t saved for web.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.