Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Download section

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315384 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2013 - 7:33 PM

The first load I uploaded went a bit viral and were downloaded in the hundreds, if think the most popular were for the 45mm and 12-50mm, I believe the 45mm daylight alone saw something like between 600 and 700 downloads, just a pity there was a small bug meaning any file downloaded had a file size of 0 bytes and would not work Smile

Hope it hasn`t put anyone off.

Quote: My modest offering is still AWOL

I`d put a report in or re-upload, not sure how popular it would be though, you should have done one for Canon or Nikon Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Jun 2013 - 7:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2013 - 7:34 AM

Just flipped through the `Download' section...a lot of them are now out of date or have been updated...e.g. Focus related and vat spreadsheets....should someone be doing some housekeeping? Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315384 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2013 - 5:47 AM

Its a part of the site that is easily over looked, its up to us to make more use of this section and to upload and share.

Paul Morgan
9 Jul 2013 - 2:51 PM

I`ve added some new LR camera profiles here.

http://www.ephotozine.com/downloads/lightroom-camera-profiles-448

If anyone is wondering what a camera profile does here is an example showing before and after.

p7070018-standard.jpg

p7070018-profiled.jpg

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 9 Jul 2013 - 2:58 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96308 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 3:04 PM

Quote: If anyone is wondering what a camera profile does here is an example showing before and after.

And I am still wondering as I cannot see any difference between the two Sad

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
9 Jul 2013 - 3:31 PM

Reds appear to be more vibrant and the blue sky as well.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 9 Jul 2013 - 3:31 PM
GlennH
GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 4:42 PM

Quote: And I am still wondering as I cannot see any difference between the two Sad

One possibility is that you're viewing them on a monitor that has insufficient gamut to discern much difference. In that case, out-of-gamut colours are usually pinned to the edge of your monitor profile.

The colour will look extravagant in both to some people because Paul hasn't embedded any profiles (they'll look okay in tweaked Firefox).

Paul Morgan
9 Jul 2013 - 5:21 PM

Quote: The colour will look extravagant in both to some people because Paul hasn't embedded any profiles (they'll look okay in tweaked Firefox)

Do you mean raw information, the colours look rich because the subjects are rich.

This one here looks more natural but she wasn`t lobster burnt, same profiles applied Smile

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/paul-morgan-599/gallery/photo/---34695651

How about I upload the raw so you can all download it along with the LR profile as well and have a play.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 9 Jul 2013 - 5:25 PM
GlennH
GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 6:13 PM

Quote: Do you mean raw information, the colours look rich because the subjects are rich.

No, just a regular sRGB profile - if you don't embed one they'll effectively be seen as non colour-managed in most browsers, which won't make a massive difference except to people with wide-gamut monitors (probably).

Not sure if that makes any difference to Jeff, but it might. In most browsers, if the image doesn't have a profile, the monitor profile gets bypassed too - there's nothing to translate. Firefox can be tweaked to 'guess' sRGB, but I don't believe other browsers can.

Paul Morgan
9 Jul 2013 - 6:28 PM

Quote: No, just a regular sRGB profile - if you don't embed one they'll effectively be seen as non colour-managed in most browsers, which won't make a massive difference except to people with wide-gamut monitors (probably)

That could be were I`m going wrong, I usually just save for web.

There is another one in my portfolio that wasn`t saved for web.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.