Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Downloadable PDF photography Magazines

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315384 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    17 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

With the current trend in magazines of this nature would EPZ ever consider joining this band wagon.

I know a book has already been made, but how trying a quarterly or bi-annual PDF magazine.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NEWDIGIT
    NEWDIGIT  3401 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 May 2012 - 8:00 AM

Sounds a good idea but personally I prefer the paper version so i can refer back to articles at a later date

779HOB
    779HOB  21020 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 May 2012 - 8:04 AM

Just wondering what a PDF would give us that the site doesn't or couldn't? Maybe that we could read something when we don't have an internet connection, but then I would prefer a proper printed magazine to read.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014144 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    17 May 2012 - 8:18 AM

Hmm,

Well I can kind of see a use for it. Say every quarter I received a pdf with a load of the techniques and articles that have been on the site. It means I can read them at my leisure on the train and off line.

It would be a bit easier than trying to keep up with all the articles on the site, would add another option for advertising (revenue) and would be relatively simple to create.

Quote: I prefer the paper version so i can refer back to articles at a later date

Funny I would have thought the reverse would be true: pdf magazines can be stored forever, searched much more quickly and take up no space at all. Where paper mags score for me is in being able to see nice large printed photos.

sherring
    sherring  646 forum posts United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    17 May 2012 - 8:57 AM

Nice idea but I hate reading things online or from screens and would much rather have hard copy. Thats why I will never get an e reader.

Steve.

MrGoatsmilk
    17 May 2012 - 9:45 AM

I prefer magazines on PDF I can easily read and carry them on my iPad, zoom in and out search quickly and bookmark etc etc. I can carry lots more than I would do as my printed ones are either in the loft or a box in a cupboard. With the PDFs they are to hand when ever I want them I can even store them in the cloud to download to my device when needed, I can't do that with printed ones.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315384 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    17 May 2012 - 7:41 PM

Quote: Nice idea but I hate reading things online or from screens and would much rather have hard copy. Thats why I will never get an e reader

Ok here`s a couple of magazines that offer both, a free PDF version or hard copies to buy

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/226196/
    http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/364117

And then there`s this one in pdf only

http://www.blur-magazine.com/

Quote: Well I can kind of see a use for it. Say every quarter I received a pdf with a load of the techniques and articles that have been on the site. It means I can read them at my leisure on the train and off line

And with the growth of a electronic media its got to be better for the environment Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 17 May 2012 - 7:44 PM
    Paul Morgan
    17 May 2012 - 9:20 PM

Quote: Just wondering what a PDF would give us that the site doesn't or couldn't

How about this

http://www.ephotozine.com/shop/ephotozine-guide-to-great-photography-pdf-version...

The team could be using these and getting out there a little more.

This is what they say

We'll handle the printing, distribution and shipping so you can focus on the important stuff...creating engaging content.

http://www.magcloud.com/

I was thinking along the lines of like the EPZ book, but quarterly or bi annually Smile

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139452 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    18 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

Quote: I was thinking along the lines of like the EPZ book, but quarterly or bi annually

Indeed - it's 6 years since the book came out. A lot has happened since then - new equipment, new members.

A PDF-only new book would hopefully mean a great deal less hassle for the likes of Pete. Smile

Paul Morgan
    18 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

The books already available as a pdf, equipment changes, but not the seeing and taking.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139452 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    18 May 2012 - 1:05 AM

True but if the equipment is out of date then the book will have a yesteryear feel to it! Actually looking at the names of some of the members in there (no longer active on EPZ) also makes it feel a touch yesteryear as well. Wink

But it is a fab book and one I still look at from time to time. Smile

cathal
    cathal  10492 forum posts Ireland4 Constructive Critique Points
    18 May 2012 - 1:20 AM

Quote: Ok here`s a couple of magazines that offer both, a free PDF version or hard copies to buy

Thanks for those links Paul! Didn't know about them and have just downloaded a load of stuff!

Cheers!

Paul Morgan
    18 May 2012 - 1:23 AM

Same could be said about off the shelf photo mags.

I find they focus too much on the equipment Smile

Carabosse
    18 May 2012 - 1:25 AM

Quote: I find they focus too much on the equipment

Well that's because they are dependent on advertisers selling equipment. EPZ had no such constraints for the book. Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.