Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Downloadable PDF photography Magazines

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.2k 6 England
17 May 2012 12:32AM
With the current trend in magazines of this nature would EPZ ever consider joining this band wagon.

I know a book has already been made, but how trying a quarterly or bi-annual PDF magazine.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NEWDIGIT 3 401 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 8:00AM
Sounds a good idea but personally I prefer the paper version so i can refer back to articles at a later date
779HOB
3 1.1k United Kingdom
17 May 2012 8:04AM
Just wondering what a PDF would give us that the site doesn't or couldn't? Maybe that we could read something when we don't have an internet connection, but then I would prefer a proper printed magazine to read.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 8:18AM
Hmm,

Well I can kind of see a use for it. Say every quarter I received a pdf with a load of the techniques and articles that have been on the site. It means I can read them at my leisure on the train and off line.

It would be a bit easier than trying to keep up with all the articles on the site, would add another option for advertising (revenue) and would be relatively simple to create.

Quote:I prefer the paper version so i can refer back to articles at a later date

Funny I would have thought the reverse would be true: pdf magazines can be stored forever, searched much more quickly and take up no space at all. Where paper mags score for me is in being able to see nice large printed photos.
sherring
7 46 13 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 8:57AM
Nice idea but I hate reading things online or from screens and would much rather have hard copy. Thats why I will never get an e reader.

Steve.
17 May 2012 9:45AM
I prefer magazines on PDF I can easily read and carry them on my iPad, zoom in and out search quickly and bookmark etc etc. I can carry lots more than I would do as my printed ones are either in the loft or a box in a cupboard. With the PDFs they are to hand when ever I want them I can even store them in the cloud to download to my device when needed, I can't do that with printed ones.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.2k 6 England
17 May 2012 7:41PM

Quote:Nice idea but I hate reading things online or from screens and would much rather have hard copy. Thats why I will never get an e reader

Ok here`s a couple of magazines that offer both, a free PDF version or hard copies to buy

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/226196/

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/364117

And then there`s this one in pdf only

http://www.blur-magazine.com/

Quote:Well I can kind of see a use for it. Say every quarter I received a pdf with a load of the techniques and articles that have been on the site. It means I can read them at my leisure on the train and off line

And with the growth of a electronic media its got to be better for the environment Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.2k 6 England
17 May 2012 9:20PM

Quote:Just wondering what a PDF would give us that the site doesn't or couldn't

How about this

http://www.ephotozine.com/shop/ephotozine-guide-to-great-photography-pdf-version-p-2.html?zenid=gpvc53cfup2aqfp74ofdk7ofo3

The team could be using these and getting out there a little more.

This is what they say

We'll handle the printing, distribution and shipping so you can focus on the important stuff...creating engaging content.

http://www.magcloud.com/

I was thinking along the lines of like the EPZ book, but quarterly or bi annually Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 May 2012 12:43AM

Quote:I was thinking along the lines of like the EPZ book, but quarterly or bi annually

Indeed - it's 6 years since the book came out. A lot has happened since then - new equipment, new members.

A PDF-only new book would hopefully mean a great deal less hassle for the likes of Pete. Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.2k 6 England
18 May 2012 12:58AM
The books already available as a pdf, equipment changes, but not the seeing and taking.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 May 2012 1:05AM
True but if the equipment is out of date then the book will have a yesteryear feel to it! Actually looking at the names of some of the members in there (no longer active on EPZ) also makes it feel a touch yesteryear as well. Wink

But it is a fab book and one I still look at from time to time. Smile
cathal e2
10 492 4 Ireland
18 May 2012 1:20AM

Quote:Ok here`s a couple of magazines that offer both, a free PDF version or hard copies to buy

Thanks for those links Paul! Didn't know about them and have just downloaded a load of stuff!

Cheers!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.2k 6 England
18 May 2012 1:23AM
Same could be said about off the shelf photo mags.

I find they focus too much on the equipment Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 May 2012 1:25AM

Quote:I find they focus too much on the equipment

Well that's because they are dependent on advertisers selling equipment. EPZ had no such constraints for the book. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.