Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

DPD - deliveries - anyone got a contact number?

Overread 6 3.9k 18 England
25 Jun 2012 7:18PM
Just wondering if anyone has a contact number for DPD the delivery service? Far as I can tell the only numbers they host on their site are automated machines and annoyingly there is no option for "they didn't leave a card - ergo they didn't even find my flat so re-delivery is going to fail again". Plus I'd rather not have to pay 10+ to get to their depo to collect it. (its in another town and I have to take the train and then I suspect I'll need a cab to get there and back again).

Bit of a longshot, but hopefully someone here has some experience with them (I've also a feeling I've had this before and that they were another name back then...)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
25 Jun 2012 8:14PM
A few here, worth booking marking the site saynoto0870 I find it very useful.

Link here

edit
Did try and link to the numbers I found but it resets by the looks of things, if you put DPD into their company name search box it brings a few up Link

HTH

Stu
ianrobinson e2
5 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
26 Jun 2012 8:38AM
welcome to my world of DPD, they are getting quite a reputation for badly managed posting.....
Overread 6 3.9k 18 England
26 Jun 2012 2:01PM
Actually I gotta half take back what I said.

I'm still annoyed that they don't make it a simple process to communicate with your local dispatch centre - especially as I don't have a car and its so far out in the sticks that it would cost a lot (either in money or time to walk from the town centre to them and back).

However before I got time to phone them up and fight round finding the number their delivery people phoned me - parcel all delivered up now Smile
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
17 Jul 2014 7:54PM
I put DPD in the 'Search' box and found this two year old thread!!

DPD are as bad as ever it seems! I gave an in depth description (well, as in depth as you can get with 200 spaces!) of how to get to our place. What did the pillock do - ignore said instructions and deliver it next door..................a 2 mile drive to collect!!

The only way I found out was because I'd been tracking the van and when "Parcel delivered signed by K****" (they'd even spelt the neighbours name wrong), I realised it had been delivered to the wrong address. A quick phone call later (he hadn't even realised it wasn't for his family), "Oh" he said "They use E-bay so much I thought it was their's"! and a hot drive later - safely home.

I can't wait for a 'Please give a review' e-mail to arrive!! Smile

AND, they've still only got automated phone numbers.............totally useless!!
steve_p 9 1.1k England
17 Jul 2014 8:06PM
I had a recent story with DPD. I ordered a lens from MPB should have arrived on the Friday. They had sent the parcel to wrong hub. There was a contact number on the website- with a person at the other end. I explained I needed the item for the Saturday, but they said it would be Monday. However MPB phoned them and asked them to deliver Saturday.
To their credit DPD retrieved the misrouted parcel and did deliver on the Saturday.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.