Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Dramatic slide show presentation

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    studioline
    1 Apr 2013 - 5:58 PM

It's been 4 years since I made a slide show presentation and at that time I thought it was great however having been to a recent conference, I can really see things have moced on. Could anyone tell me what program they would recommend for a dramatic and dynamic slideshow. I have a mac and a pc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Apr 2013 - 5:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  121923 forum posts United Kingdom
    1 Apr 2013 - 6:20 PM

Prezi. I've used it a few times and each time the audience were in awe. The resulting Prezi presentation is very very different anything the standard PowerPoint or Keynote slide shows can create.

puertouk
    puertouk  31080 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 6:28 PM

Shop around on the internet, because there's so many at the moment and many offer a free trial period, which will give you a good idea what each one offers.

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    1 Apr 2013 - 6:37 PM

The latest version (Office 2013) version of Powerpoint is pretty awesome.

But you maybe need to consider whether you want a Powerpoint Presentation or an AV Sequence. If the latter, then ProShow Gold is now the best available at the price and you can download a free trial to see if it meets your needs.

Last Modified By Gundog at 1 Apr 2013 - 6:38 PM
    stevenb
    stevenb e2 Member 11260 forum postsstevenb vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 6:56 PM

" Faststone " and its free.

Bill

Hoffy
    Hoffy e2 Member 10237 forum postsHoffy vcard England16 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 7:00 PM

The best available is Picture2exe. The improvements in the last year has been brilliant.

Craggwildlife
    Craggwildlife e2 Member 673 forum postsCraggwildlife vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 7:02 PM

photodex Proshow gold

check the website out used it for years no problems at all....

think you can download a free 15 day trial

hope this helps

David

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    studioline
    1 Apr 2013 - 7:45 PM

the producer one looks like a beast. Have you tried that?

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73370 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 7:46 PM

PTE is reckoned to give a slightly better rendering of the photos than ProShow Gold, although with the current PSG version there is very little difference.
    PTE is the program of choice for the top AV workers, but does require a steep learning curve to get the best from it. PSG is much more user friendly for beginners and is often the best choice for casual users. Both are excellent programs & cost similar.

Producer is the "Professional" version of PSG with all the bells & whistles. Unless you're going to make AV presentations professionally it's probably not cost effective, in the same way that Adobe Photoshop is not cost effective for the majority of photographers when there are other cheaper programs that would normally suffice for them. However that doesn't stop people buying them.

Last Modified By adrian_w at 1 Apr 2013 - 7:51 PM
    Dave_Canon
    1 Apr 2013 - 10:43 PM

AV experts all seem to use Pictures to exe. I have the software myself and it is fairly easy to use and very comprehensive and good value for money.

Dave

studioline
    2 Apr 2013 - 10:52 AM

Wil have a look at that Dave. Thank you all for answering my question. I think that this has been a superb source of advice.

ronyzmbow
    ronyzmbow  2 Denmark
    25 Aug 2013 - 6:06 AM

Just to echo - Photodex Proshow gold

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    6 Sep 2013 - 9:28 PM

Looking at recent distinction submissions in the RPS AV Group, Proshow Gold seems to have just edged ahead of PTE in the popularity stakes. But download trials of both and see which seems most intuitive to you.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.