Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Drimnin, Oban

bppowell 13 2.1k 2 England
17 Jun 2010 9:58PM
I am off to the Highlands next week to Drimnin in the highlands.

Just wondwering if any one knows about this area.

Barry

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
17 Jun 2010 11:23PM
Type Drimnin into google and there's plenty of info on sites like Undiscovered Scotland...
18 Jun 2010 8:54AM
Thanks, I had done that. I was hoping that someone may have some local knowledge.

Barry
User_Removed 7 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
18 Jun 2010 11:13AM
Drimnin where ? Can you point to it on a map ?
jazzygf 11 537 Scotland
18 Jun 2010 12:15PM
Try Undiscoveredscotland .com here is the link for Drimnin here
18 Jun 2010 12:18PM
Goodle search will fetch it up. Its on the mainland of Scotland looking over to Mull.

Barry
User_Removed 7 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
18 Jun 2010 2:02PM
Well, that's what I thought but the title of the thread is 'Drimnin, Oban', suggesting that ...... oh, never mind.

Lovely, tiny little hamlet at the end of a long road out of Lochaline. Lots of opportunities for flora photography and one or two ruined old boats in and around the pier. Excellent walking and Sea Eagles on the cliffs south of Lochaline. Golden Eagles and Roe Deer in Glen Teacius, just over the hill. Keep your eyes peeled for Otters and Dolphins in the Sound. Very rare sightings of whales. Excellent restaurant, if it's still there, behind the shop at Loachaline called The White House.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
18 Jun 2010 3:40PM
Hope you get good weather (or at least the type of weather you hope for). I took the ferry over from Oban to Craignure on Wednesday, drove to Tobermory, then over to Calgarry. Thick fog and/or low cloud all day. Also tried for sunsets every night from Monday until yesterday on the beach at North Ledaig without the sky being suitable on any of the nights.

Scotland is the sort of place that you really need to live in so that you can get out at a moment's notice on the rare occasion that conditions are just right. Or, alternatively, if you have the creativity to make something dramatic and artistic out of wall-to-wall grey.

I took over 600 photographs in that 4-day trip and I am writing this while waiting for Lightroom to download them from the CF card. Then we'll see if there is anything wothwhile.
18 Jun 2010 4:50PM
Thank you Chris and Eric, cannot do anything with the weather. Looking good at the moment but that can change quickly.

Lochaline seems the place to be, also a day trip to Mull is on the cards. I was hoping to take a trip to see the puffins but at 65 each that is out of my budget.

Barry
18 Jun 2010 10:24PM
Just another suggestion if you are in that area. There are lots of very scenic outlooks on the road from Appin to Port Appin. Ideally you want to be there when there is a half-tide about an hour before sunset.
19 Jun 2010 4:38PM
Thanks
19 Jun 2010 10:50PM
Here are a few I took earlier in the week:

sunset2.jpg

tobermory2.jpg

mull1.jpg

oban2.jpg

ledaig1.jpg

20 Jun 2010 1:26PM
I think I know two of them, Oban and Tobermory.

Barry

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.