Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Drip Drip Drip......

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96038 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2013 - 8:46 PM

Guess whose roof is leaking - right onto the end of my flaming bed? Yep - good job I've got a spare pillow .................

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Dec 2013 - 8:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53591 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2013 - 8:55 PM

Oh no Sad

Send Woody up to sort it out, I think the rain in clearing later so hopefully the drip will stop till daylight. though knowing you its another photo opportunity.

Good luck with tonight :/
Best Wishes

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96038 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2013 - 8:59 PM

I've been up in the loft but sadly the section where it is coming through is all boarded up - without taking a crowbar to it I can't see what's going on.

The rain has happily stopped and the wind totally gone (which I dare say was driving the rain under the tiles) - so digits crossed I won't get a wet head tonight!

No good asking Woody to help - he's only any good at drinking and playing Smile

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61182 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2013 - 8:24 AM

Me too. Had a loft conversion in 2008 and the rain is coming through one of the dormer windows onto my landing via a smoke detector. Had several quotes to have everything put right and it comes to 10,000 (yes that is 3 zero's on the end of 10!!!
It is a major job to sort out the mess that this so called professional did to my lovely old house. :-(

cattyal
19 Dec 2013 - 8:34 AM

Oh blimey!!!! - I hope mine is a simple job and it has been suggested I check whether the wind speed was high enough to qualify as storm and can come under my insurance. Fortunately I work for the brokers who handle my insurance so I can just pop upstairs and speak to the claims peeps this morning!

My last leak was a simple chimney flashing fix about 2-3 years ago and happily nothing since - digits crossed!!!!

49er
49er  8564 forum posts
19 Dec 2013 - 12:59 PM

Surely a leak of water on to a flaming bed is a good thing..Wink

cattyal
19 Dec 2013 - 2:35 PM

Quote: Surely a leak of water on to a flaming bed is a good thing..Wink

errr yep - you might be right Smile

MrGoatsmilk
19 Dec 2013 - 3:55 PM

We had the mortar come loose, roof was wet inside when getting Xmas tree out. 140 and a few mugs of tea in the end done by a roofer who was recommended and all sorted. Hope yours is as easy as ours was

indemnity
indemnity  5329 forum posts
19 Dec 2013 - 3:56 PM

Move the bed. Sorted.

cattyal
19 Dec 2013 - 4:17 PM

I can't check up in the loft as that's all boarded out and carpeted so short of taking a crowbar to the walls I'm stuck there. At least it's not going to be difficult to narrow down the area and I would rather do it without having to claim and therefore have my premium increase next year! I'm waiting to hear from someone who might be able to recommend a man that can Smile

As for moving the bed - not much room to play with as I'm using a diddy room with very little wiggle room (the master bedroom is used more productively as a studio)......... Ah - it's only water, I'll survive!

bigpete
19 Dec 2013 - 4:28 PM

Probably only a broken tile,, missing flashing,, easy and cheap repair with right ladders....if its a tile you should be able to see it from below (outside)

Pete

cattyal
19 Dec 2013 - 4:35 PM

I'll guess it's a tile problem though I guess flashing could also figure if the water is running along and then down. I can't look at the roof until the weekend as I leave the house in the dark and arrive home in the dark. Access should be a doddle as there's a flat roof conveniently on the back of the house so only about 7' to the gutter edge.

And it's raining again - but not windy..............

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2729 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
19 Dec 2013 - 8:16 PM

I haven't had a bed wet because of a leak since I was about 3.

cattyal
19 Dec 2013 - 10:01 PM

Quote: I haven't had a bed wet because of a leak since I was about 3.

I can't remember that far back Smile

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2729 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
19 Dec 2013 - 10:31 PM

Hope things get fixed ASAP.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.