Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Drip Drip Drip......

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
18 Dec 2013 8:46PM
Guess whose roof is leaking - right onto the end of my flaming bed? Yep - good job I've got a spare pillow .................

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2013 8:55PM
Oh no Sad

Send Woody up to sort it out, I think the rain in clearing later so hopefully the drip will stop till daylight. though knowing you its another photo opportunity.

Good luck with tonight :/
Best Wishes
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
18 Dec 2013 8:59PM
I've been up in the loft but sadly the section where it is coming through is all boarded up - without taking a crowbar to it I can't see what's going on.

The rain has happily stopped and the wind totally gone (which I dare say was driving the rain under the tiles) - so digits crossed I won't get a wet head tonight!

No good asking Woody to help - he's only any good at drinking and playing Smile
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2013 8:24AM
Me too. Had a loft conversion in 2008 and the rain is coming through one of the dormer windows onto my landing via a smoke detector. Had several quotes to have everything put right and it comes to 10,000 (yes that is 3 zero's on the end of 10!!!
It is a major job to sort out the mess that this so called professional did to my lovely old house. :-(
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 8:34AM
Oh blimey!!!! - I hope mine is a simple job and it has been suggested I check whether the wind speed was high enough to qualify as storm and can come under my insurance. Fortunately I work for the brokers who handle my insurance so I can just pop upstairs and speak to the claims peeps this morning!

My last leak was a simple chimney flashing fix about 2-3 years ago and happily nothing since - digits crossed!!!!
49er e2
8 564
19 Dec 2013 12:59PM
Surely a leak of water on to a flaming bed is a good thing..Wink
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 2:35PM

Quote:Surely a leak of water on to a flaming bed is a good thing..Wink

errr yep - you might be right Smile
19 Dec 2013 3:55PM
We had the mortar come loose, roof was wet inside when getting Xmas tree out. 140 and a few mugs of tea in the end done by a roofer who was recommended and all sorted. Hope yours is as easy as ours was
indemnity 6 331
19 Dec 2013 3:56PM
Move the bed. Sorted.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 4:17PM
I can't check up in the loft as that's all boarded out and carpeted so short of taking a crowbar to the walls I'm stuck there. At least it's not going to be difficult to narrow down the area and I would rather do it without having to claim and therefore have my premium increase next year! I'm waiting to hear from someone who might be able to recommend a man that can Smile

As for moving the bed - not much room to play with as I'm using a diddy room with very little wiggle room (the master bedroom is used more productively as a studio)......... Ah - it's only water, I'll survive!
bigpete e2
1 59 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2013 4:28PM
Probably only a broken tile,, missing flashing,, easy and cheap repair with right ladders....if its a tile you should be able to see it from below (outside)

Pete
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 4:35PM
I'll guess it's a tile problem though I guess flashing could also figure if the water is running along and then down. I can't look at the roof until the weekend as I leave the house in the dark and arrive home in the dark. Access should be a doddle as there's a flat roof conveniently on the back of the house so only about 7' to the gutter edge.

And it's raining again - but not windy..............
JawDborn e2
2 795 1 England
19 Dec 2013 8:16PM
I haven't had a bed wet because of a leak since I was about 3.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 10:01PM

Quote:I haven't had a bed wet because of a leak since I was about 3.

I can't remember that far back Smile
JawDborn e2
2 795 1 England
19 Dec 2013 10:31PM
Hope things get fixed ASAP.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.