Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Drip Drip Drip......

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1393 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
22 Dec 2013 - 12:09 AM

This thread has got Kenneth Williams and Frankie Howard all over it Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Dec 2013 - 12:09 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AndS
AndS e2 Member 2699 forum postsAndS vcard England
22 Dec 2013 - 12:15 AM

I can see more of a Benny Hill sketch..Smile

shakeyhands
shakeyhands e2 Member 1250 forum postsshakeyhands vcard Canada
22 Dec 2013 - 1:11 AM

I don't know the first two Williams and Howard, but I did spend some quality time roflmao watching Benny hill GrinGrinGrin

AndS
AndS e2 Member 2699 forum postsAndS vcard England
22 Dec 2013 - 8:23 AM

Quote: but I did spend some quality time roflmao watching Benny hill

me too, those chase scenes...locked in my room with the lights off lol....ooops did I just type thatBlushBlush Dont think we're helping Alisons leak too much GrinGrin

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95990 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Dec 2013 - 9:08 AM

No - you're not helping at all but am glad you're enjoying yourselves Tongue

AlanJ
22 Dec 2013 - 11:00 AM

Perhaps it's a small comfort to know you're not the only one with a slate loose Smile

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95990 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Dec 2013 - 1:51 PM

only a small comfort though! I'm now off up to the loft with a big tin of mastic and maybe I'll get that flashing sealed up at least!

AlanJ
22 Dec 2013 - 2:05 PM

Do you remember Maggie Thatcher in the early 90's signing the mastic treaty? What was all that about?

cattyal
22 Dec 2013 - 2:22 PM

oh you silly boy........ Smile

Copious amounts of thick gungy mastic have now been applied to the edge of the flashing - let's see if that does the trick. I almost want heavy winds and rain again to find out but then again........... Smile

shakeyhands
22 Dec 2013 - 2:27 PM

Cheap and accessible mastic for all? TongueTongue Good Luck Alison, I hope it does the trick and stops the leakGrin

shakeyhands
22 Dec 2013 - 2:38 PM

At least if it's windy and raining then it's not -35c like it is here right nowSad nothin leaks cuz everything is froze (blank)stiffWinkWink

cattyal
22 Dec 2013 - 2:52 PM

Oh I'd much rather rain than temperatures like that - nothing irks me more than sliding about on ice. That said my boots leak so ...........

You'll thaw out eventually presumably? Smile

shakeyhands
22 Dec 2013 - 3:20 PM

Oh ya, It usually thaw's out sometime around March or April lol If you have any mastic left you could have a go at your bootsTongue

cattyal
22 Dec 2013 - 9:23 PM

Sadly the stitching is going on the boots too and one of the heels wearing down somewhat (a bunion is trying to force itself free Sad) I did think about trying the mastic but they leak in more than one spot so no point really.

I'd like to replace them but I can't get the wide fitting ones in this country and just haven't made the effort to source them elsewhere......

shakeyhands
22 Dec 2013 - 9:41 PM

From what you've just described Alison I'm not sure that mastic would help muchSad There is almost nothing worse than cold wet feetSad Sounds like your boots should have been retired some time back lol

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.