Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Drip Drip Drip......

AlanJ e2
1 495 England
22 Dec 2013 12:09AM
This thread has got Kenneth Williams and Frankie Howard all over it Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AndS e2
2 976 England
22 Dec 2013 12:15AM
I can see more of a Benny Hill sketch..Smile
22 Dec 2013 1:11AM
I don't know the first two Williams and Howard, but I did spend some quality time roflmao watching Benny hill GrinGrinGrin
AndS e2
2 976 England
22 Dec 2013 8:23AM

Quote: but I did spend some quality time roflmao watching Benny hill

me too, those chase scenes...locked in my room with the lights off lol....ooops did I just type thatBlushBlush Dont think we're helping Alisons leak too much GrinGrin
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 Dec 2013 9:08AM
No - you're not helping at all but am glad you're enjoying yourselves Tongue
AlanJ e2
1 495 England
22 Dec 2013 11:00AM
Perhaps it's a small comfort to know you're not the only one with a slate loose Smile
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 Dec 2013 1:51PM
only a small comfort though! I'm now off up to the loft with a big tin of mastic and maybe I'll get that flashing sealed up at least!
AlanJ e2
1 495 England
22 Dec 2013 2:05PM
Do you remember Maggie Thatcher in the early 90's signing the mastic treaty? What was all that about?
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 Dec 2013 2:22PM
oh you silly boy........ Smile

Copious amounts of thick gungy mastic have now been applied to the edge of the flashing - let's see if that does the trick. I almost want heavy winds and rain again to find out but then again........... Smile
22 Dec 2013 2:27PM
Cheap and accessible mastic for all? TongueTongue Good Luck Alison, I hope it does the trick and stops the leakGrin
22 Dec 2013 2:38PM
At least if it's windy and raining then it's not -35c like it is here right nowSad nothin leaks cuz everything is froze (blank)stiffWinkWink
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 Dec 2013 2:52PM
Oh I'd much rather rain than temperatures like that - nothing irks me more than sliding about on ice. That said my boots leak so ...........

You'll thaw out eventually presumably? Smile
22 Dec 2013 3:20PM
Oh ya, It usually thaw's out sometime around March or April lol If you have any mastic left you could have a go at your bootsTongue
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 Dec 2013 9:23PM
Sadly the stitching is going on the boots too and one of the heels wearing down somewhat (a bunion is trying to force itself free Sad) I did think about trying the mastic but they leak in more than one spot so no point really.

I'd like to replace them but I can't get the wide fitting ones in this country and just haven't made the effort to source them elsewhere......
22 Dec 2013 9:41PM
From what you've just described Alison I'm not sure that mastic would help muchSad There is almost nothing worse than cold wet feetSad Sounds like your boots should have been retired some time back lol

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.