Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

DS colour labs, what are they like please?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    LouiseTopp
    9 Mar 2014 - 7:14 PM

I was looking to do a print size of 6 x 8 which they say will cost me 25p and a print size of 10 x 8 at 44p. Both these prices include postage apparently. Can you tell me if I have these prices right? If so, can anyone recommend them and tell me if they are good please?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Mar 2014 - 7:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dandeakin
    dandeakin  6201 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Mar 2014 - 8:43 PM

They're awesome. Used them for years

franken
    franken e2 Member 123126 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Mar 2014 - 8:54 PM

I've used them and the quality and service are excellent.

Ken

chris.maddock
    9 Mar 2014 - 9:04 PM

Unless you're talking about a different DS Colour Labs to http://dscolourlabs.co.uk/photo-printing-prices.cfm I can't see either the prices that Louise quotes nor about postage being included.

Other than that, again assuming the same company, then last time I used them the service was first-class as was the quality of the prints - although I see that the price for 16x12s has gone up by a whopping 16p since I last ordered Wink

Gruditch
    10 Mar 2014 - 8:06 AM

Always use them nowadays. Their canvas prices are a bit little more than some of their competitors, but worth paying the extra, as the quality is first rate.

here4years
    here4years e2 Member 174 forum postshere4years vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Mar 2014 - 8:22 AM

Agree with the comments above reference the excellent quality - however, you will definitely pay postage. I got 2 prints (8 x 6) made just before Christmas and the cost for 1st class postage was about 3 (can't remember exactly)

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Mar 2014 - 8:30 AM

There are several good online printing firms, including DSCL, but for only a few prints the postage & packaging usually costs more than the print itself !
    Nothing one can really do about that.

When I used DSCL a couple of years ago I ordered about 10 prints so the p&p per print did not work out too much. ( The p&p was the same as for just one print )

here4years
    here4years e2 Member 174 forum postshere4years vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Mar 2014 - 8:38 AM

I don't know that if this could be useful, but Tesco do an online order service and pick up in store (i.e no postage costs). Obviously you would need to live close to a major Tesco store.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.