Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

DSC-HX9V Gig Settings?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jmw58
    jmw58  8 United Kingdom
    24 Mar 2013 - 8:37 AM

Hi, I have and love my little DSC-H9V Sony compact, but have struggled to find a good setting for gig/concert photography. At a lot of gigs they will not allow DSLR cameras, so it would be nice to get the compact set up for this. Any help will be most welcome.
    Julie

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Mar 2013 - 8:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2013 - 9:14 AM

Hi Julie. It depends on what you think you can get away with at a gig! And also how much you want to spend.

Something like an Olympus E-PM2 fitted with an Olympus 40-150mm lens will provide better quality. You can see the sort of deals there are around here.

If you want a one-lens solution you can get the E-PM2 body with a 14-150mm lens. This will cost more but there is a good deal going on that lens at the moment - I've recently bought one. The deal will probably not last long, though.

jmw58
    jmw58  8 United Kingdom
    24 Mar 2013 - 9:35 AM

Thanks for the reply, however I am NOT looking to replace my Sony compact, but merely find the ideal setting changes to make on it to use at gigs. I was hoping other owners may have played around with the same camera for this type of usage.

I just need good settings for my SONY DSC-HX9V. I know its not the best camera for gigs....but it is what I have at this time ! Smile

Masny thanks
    Julie

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2013 - 9:40 AM

What settings do you use at present - and what problems are you finding?

With a small sensor compact, you could find there are no 'ideal' settings because it is not an ideal camera. Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.