Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

DSC-HX9V Gig Settings?

jmw58 8 1 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2013 8:37AM
Hi, I have and love my little DSC-H9V Sony compact, but have struggled to find a good setting for gig/concert photography. At a lot of gigs they will not allow DSLR cameras, so it would be nice to get the compact set up for this. Any help will be most welcome.
Julie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
24 Mar 2013 9:14AM
Hi Julie. It depends on what you think you can get away with at a gig! And also how much you want to spend.

Something like an Olympus E-PM2 fitted with an Olympus 40-150mm lens will provide better quality. You can see the sort of deals there are around here .

If you want a one-lens solution you can get the E-PM2 body with a 14-150mm lens . This will cost more but there is a good deal going on that lens at the moment - I've recently bought one. The deal will probably not last long, though.
jmw58 8 1 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2013 9:35AM
Thanks for the reply, however I am NOT looking to replace my Sony compact, but merely find the ideal setting changes to make on it to use at gigs. I was hoping other owners may have played around with the same camera for this type of usage.

I just need good settings for my SONY DSC-HX9V. I know its not the best camera for gigs....but it is what I have at this time ! Smile

Masny thanks
Julie
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
24 Mar 2013 9:40AM
What settings do you use at present - and what problems are you finding?

With a small sensor compact, you could find there are no 'ideal' settings because it is not an ideal camera. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.