Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

DSLRClean Sensor cleaning stick

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

AdrianTurner
22 Jan 2005 - 3:12 AM

Lots of talk on here about swabs, I assume these are the type of cleaners that require the use of fluid!

The question was regarding the NEW product DSLRClean Sensor cleaning stick . Has anyone used these please?

Adrian.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Jan 2005 - 3:12 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ahollowa
ahollowa  101070 forum posts England
22 Jan 2005 - 4:06 AM

As mentioned further up the thread there appears to be supply problems so I doubt if any one has them to try!! I have just recieved a reply to my mail. The guy answering has been in hosbital and so nothing has been shipped!! The backlog should be cleared by the 26th. It would be worth you waiting until somebody else tries before ordering. This in light of the fact he has a backlog so you wouldn't get it for a week or so anyway. I will post when have tried them.

cheers

Al.

AdrianTurner
22 Jan 2005 - 4:09 AM

Thanks Al, appreciate it.

Adrian.

sillyconguru
25 Jan 2005 - 1:25 PM

Jeez, the instructions say that DSLRClean will feel sticky in use, and it definitely does (I had quite a bit of trouble getting the swab to move around the CCD).

Well, they seem to work. Although, I still have two specks on the sensor (one won't budge, but the other has moved). I have a cleaner sensor now (not perfect, but I don't mind a bit of "healing" in PS).

AdrianTurner
25 Jan 2005 - 1:30 PM

Thanks for the update Andrew.

Adrian.

ahollowa
ahollowa  101070 forum posts England
25 Jan 2005 - 1:44 PM

Mine arrived tonight so I guess he is back operating now. Haven't had a chance to try them yet. Lots of excitment my first ever winning action on EBAY Canon 300 F4 L so very excited. Will try the swabs later in the week and post my thoughts.

cheers

Al.

AdrianTurner
30 Jan 2005 - 6:22 AM

Anyone else tried THESE yet?

Adrian.

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
30 Jan 2005 - 6:49 AM

" Anyone else tried THESE yet?"

Aren't they the ones that started this thread?

sillyconguru
30 Jan 2005 - 6:52 AM

I think that Adrian is just bumping this thread back up to gain more exposure.

AdrianTurner
30 Jan 2005 - 6:58 AM

Yes they are the ones I started the thread with Frank, but it had drifted to other cleaners at one stage, the link was to avoid any confusion.

Adrian.

ray1
ray1  10518 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2005 - 9:14 AM

Dont pay crown 35 when you can get the same from warehouse expres for 20.

mikeyc71
mikeyc71  101243 forum posts
30 Jan 2005 - 10:11 AM

I have had a play about with my new 20D and I have noticed a dark round 'spot' at the top of all my images. This 'spot' can be seen in the same place through the viewfinder. Does this sound like dust on the sensor? I have tried different lenses and still it appears.

Help!

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2005 - 10:14 AM

If you can see the spot in your viewfinder as well as the photos, then it must be on the lens, not the sensor or mirror.

Joe B

mikeyc71
mikeyc71  101243 forum posts
30 Jan 2005 - 10:14 AM

That is not possible. It appears in the SAME place on all my lens so it has to be the sensor.

sillyconguru
30 Jan 2005 - 10:16 AM

If the spot is on the images, it sounds like dust on the sensor. If the spot is visible through the viewfinder, it sounds like dust on the focussing screen. If you can see a spot in the images and in the viewfinder, you probably have dust on both the sensor and the focussing screen.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.