Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

DSLRClean Sensor cleaning stick

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225749 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2005 - 5:44 PM

Dirt on the focusing screen?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Jan 2005 - 5:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AdrianTurner
30 Jan 2005 - 5:54 PM

Thanks to those of you who have made on-topic contributions, guess this product is too new to expect many too have tried them. Decided to get some anyway, will come back to this thread when I can give an opinion to their usefulness.

Adrian.

synaesthesia
1 Feb 2005 - 7:46 AM

What's wrong with Mr Sheen and a duster then?

mikeyc71
mikeyc71  101243 forum posts
1 Feb 2005 - 11:31 AM

Won't that scratch the focussing screen?

AdrianTurner
3 Feb 2005 - 3:36 AM

O.K.
Received my DSLRClean sensor cleaning sticks this morning, had a go at the 10D as it had the dirtiest sensor. I think they are great, judge for yourself by taking a LOOK HERE at the before and after shots.

RESULT

Adrian.

bradleysmith
3 Feb 2005 - 4:22 AM

Result indeed!
Thanks for the post Adrian.
I'm using an E-300 so hopefully won't need to use one too often but I can't imagine the ultrasonic cleaner is infallible so know that one day even us Oly users will get a dirty sensor.!

synaesthesia
3 Feb 2005 - 5:33 AM

Thanks for the info, very kind of you.

ahollowa
ahollowa  101070 forum posts England
3 Feb 2005 - 1:16 PM

OK finally got round to trying them. My sensor was quite dirty (only just noticed it though as I rairly shoot above f8). I had tree goes (with the same stick one either side and a quick one back with the first side as one spot remained). Very impressed. There is one very small spot left that I could probably get off with another stick but it is barely visable so I will live with it for a month or two and then give it another clean before the next major outing.

Very easy to do (but feels very sticky doing it!!). I also ran the stick over the focus screen and it improved that a bit (as I find stuff on the focus screen is more of a pain though of course doesn't affect pictures.

I would recomend them

cheers

Al.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.