Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

DSLRClean Sensor cleaning stick

30 Jan 2005 5:44PM
Dirt on the focusing screen?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AdrianTurner 10 350 Wales
30 Jan 2005 5:54PM
Thanks to those of you who have made on-topic contributions, guess this product is too new to expect many too have tried them. Decided to get some anyway, will come back to this thread when I can give an opinion to their usefulness.

Adrian.
synaesthesia 11 389 England
1 Feb 2005 7:46AM
What's wrong with Mr Sheen and a duster then?
mikeyc71 11 1.2k
1 Feb 2005 11:31AM
Won't that scratch the focussing screen?
AdrianTurner 10 350 Wales
3 Feb 2005 3:36AM
O.K.
Received my DSLRClean sensor cleaning sticks this morning, had a go at the 10D as it had the dirtiest sensor. I think they are great, judge for yourself by taking a LOOK HERE at the before and after shots.

RESULT

Adrian.
bradleysmith 10 157 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2005 4:22AM
Result indeed!
Thanks for the post Adrian.
I'm using an E-300 so hopefully won't need to use one too often but I can't imagine the ultrasonic cleaner is infallible so know that one day even us Oly users will get a dirty sensor.!
synaesthesia 11 389 England
3 Feb 2005 5:33AM
Thanks for the info, very kind of you.
ahollowa 10 1.1k England
3 Feb 2005 1:16PM
OK finally got round to trying them. My sensor was quite dirty (only just noticed it though as I rairly shoot above f8). I had tree goes (with the same stick one either side and a quick one back with the first side as one spot remained). Very impressed. There is one very small spot left that I could probably get off with another stick but it is barely visable so I will live with it for a month or two and then give it another clean before the next major outing.

Very easy to do (but feels very sticky doing it!!). I also ran the stick over the focus screen and it improved that a bit (as I find stuff on the focus screen is more of a pain though of course doesn't affect pictures.

I would recomend them

cheers

Al.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.