Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

dust. on nikon d300s sensor

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62434 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
3 Sep 2012 - 3:11 PM

Quote:
Yes but....the sensor could be 100% obscured and not seen in the viewfinder because initially, the mirror is in the way - and the outside world, via the lens is the ONLY thing you see in the viewfinder..?

I agree. Thanks for pointing out my error.
Dust or marks on the sensor would show in LiveView, especially zoomed in on an image of a plain white card or blue sky.
I think we both agree what is being described is not accurately described, or extremely puzzling.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Sep 2012 - 3:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dazzaman
dazzaman  8570 forum posts England
3 Sep 2012 - 3:24 PM

ok guys, i tried shooting a plain white card last night,zoomed in 100% and the black dot wasnt there.i cleaned the mirror using a giotto rocket blower several times,but the mark is still there.i think its poss in the viewfinder.

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2012 - 3:28 PM

Quote: I've just purchased a d300s from mpb photographic it's in absolutely mint condition.but there's one issue,when you look through the viewfinder there's a nasty black spot stuck in the left corner.it's showing up on the images when I zoom up.I've tried blowing it off,but it won't budge.any ideas.

No mention here about the result on the image, only seeing the black spot in the viewfinder. That is why I thought it could be damage to the mirror - which will not affect the final picture.

Last Modified By Focus_Man at 3 Sep 2012 - 3:29 PM
KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72497 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
3 Sep 2012 - 4:58 PM

Quote: Dust or marks on the sensor would show in LiveView

I was deliberately avoiding mention of Live-View to avoid muddying the waters more...!! Wink

Quote: No mention here about the result on the image, only seeing the black spot in the viewfinder

....And that's what I was trying to get to the bottom of...!! Dazza...I think this is where we're puzzled - if you get the black spot on the resultant image (viewed when reviewing after taking-or on the PC screen-or printed out photo) OR only in the viewfinder on initial composing...(and this may well disappear if you're zooming in at the time I think..).

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314911 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2012 - 6:02 PM

Can the focusing screen be removed.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.