Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

dust. on nikon d300s sensor

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62360 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
3 Sep 2012 - 3:11 PM

Quote:
Yes but....the sensor could be 100% obscured and not seen in the viewfinder because initially, the mirror is in the way - and the outside world, via the lens is the ONLY thing you see in the viewfinder..?

I agree. Thanks for pointing out my error.
Dust or marks on the sensor would show in LiveView, especially zoomed in on an image of a plain white card or blue sky.
I think we both agree what is being described is not accurately described, or extremely puzzling.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Sep 2012 - 3:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dazzaman
dazzaman  7570 forum posts England
3 Sep 2012 - 3:24 PM

ok guys, i tried shooting a plain white card last night,zoomed in 100% and the black dot wasnt there.i cleaned the mirror using a giotto rocket blower several times,but the mark is still there.i think its poss in the viewfinder.

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2012 - 3:28 PM

Quote: I've just purchased a d300s from mpb photographic it's in absolutely mint condition.but there's one issue,when you look through the viewfinder there's a nasty black spot stuck in the left corner.it's showing up on the images when I zoom up.I've tried blowing it off,but it won't budge.any ideas.

No mention here about the result on the image, only seeing the black spot in the viewfinder. That is why I thought it could be damage to the mirror - which will not affect the final picture.

Last Modified By Focus_Man at 3 Sep 2012 - 3:29 PM
KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72417 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
3 Sep 2012 - 4:58 PM

Quote: Dust or marks on the sensor would show in LiveView

I was deliberately avoiding mention of Live-View to avoid muddying the waters more...!! Wink

Quote: No mention here about the result on the image, only seeing the black spot in the viewfinder

....And that's what I was trying to get to the bottom of...!! Dazza...I think this is where we're puzzled - if you get the black spot on the resultant image (viewed when reviewing after taking-or on the PC screen-or printed out photo) OR only in the viewfinder on initial composing...(and this may well disappear if you're zooming in at the time I think..).

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214399 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2012 - 6:02 PM

Can the focusing screen be removed.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.