Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

DVD of landscape photos

Callanan 8 6 Ireland
28 Jan 2012 12:42PM
A potential customer has contacted me saying his client has a themed pub and would like to display 50-100 of my photos on 4 screens around the pub. I could put a slide show together on windows movie maker and slap it on a DVD. I am concerned that my photos could be reproduced and resold from images captured from the .wmv file. Is that possible?
Also what should I set the price at???

thanks
Mark

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Camairish e2
9 1.3k Scotland
28 Jan 2012 1:28PM
I can't answer part 1 of the question but the answer to part 2 is free beer for life.
droberts e2
10 103 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2012 2:42PM
Try Pictures-to-Exe software from wnsoft.com. It has an option to prevent copying of your photos.

David
maroondah e2
11 239 1 Australia
28 Jan 2012 5:17PM
Proshow producer creates a streaming video of the images and I'm pretty sure the images can't be taken from that either.
Callanan 8 6 Ireland
30 Jan 2012 9:18AM
Thanks all, Proshow producer looks a little above my price range at $230. Picture-to-Exe is $75. I probably will not use very often.

Beer for life would be great but I'd have to cross the Atlantic to avail of it!!!!! What would be a reasonable price? Any Ideas????
Paul_Anthony e2
2 386 4 Wales
30 Jan 2012 9:28AM
Animoto are really good for this sort of thing, but they are a little pricey.

If there is a Studio near you it could be worth going in and asking if they use Animoto as it is very popular with social photographers. They may be willing, for a small fee, to create you a DVD slideshow of you images.

We use it at our studio and I certainly would not have a problem creating slideshows for Landscape photographers if asked. Personally I would charge around 25 - 30.

The only problem would be that there is a time limit to the slideshows depending on the music selected. The landlord may have trouble playing the DVD on a continuous loop.

I would also say that Pictures to EXE is a decent bit of affordable software for basic slideshows.

Regards

Paul
Callanan 8 6 Ireland
31 Jan 2012 9:21AM
Thanks Paul.
#The Client has got back to me saying they just want the jpegs and they would manage the slide show. I do not like the idea of sending origional jpegs.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2012 10:09AM

Quote:I do not like the idea of sending origional jpegs

Why not? This is the reality of digital photography - bride and groom who want all RAW files to process themselves and clients who want electronic copies of the images. Even if you send them on disc, if the image can be piped into a projector it can be piped into a copying device so no matter what you do there will be some way of copying it (audio has been trying to tackle this for years and failed miserably). If you are worried about unauthorised use then you will end up never selling anything and never uploading to websites.
At least they are asking for jpeg and not the full RAW file so if you are really concerned send to them the minimum quality image that will fulfill their needs (with metadata embedded into it) and the sale agreement includes acknowledgement that you retain full copyright.
Callanan 8 6 Ireland
31 Jan 2012 10:27AM
Thanks Mike- Thanks all

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.