Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Ease my Pain...The Clicks...

jjmills 9 153 Scotland
8 May 2007 9:09PM
Okay I have been here for sometime now and never seem to get a lot of clicks, get loads more views though...

To ease my frustration and since we have got the Stats Page working.

I think everyones Stat Page shows 32 images max.

So using the 32 images last uploaded. (If you are Newbie just add what you have got remember its the % value)

Total up all the views and the votes work out the percentage and see what you get...

I get 1189 and 200 which gives 16.8%.

My frustration is I have no idea whether this is good or bad???

And a quick suggestion ~ Why not have a monthly award based on this, ofcourse that would mean that you would have to uploaded at least 14 images in the month for the number to refresh enough each month ~ The Monthly Ephotozine Member Award. Highest Percentage with the tie break being the number of views and we could have multiple winners.

So back to my pain...

1189 / 200 / 16.8%

John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c 10 4.5k 36 England
8 May 2007 9:29PM

Quote:And a quick suggestion ~ Why not have a monthly award based on this, ofcourse that would mean that you would have to uploaded at least 14 images in the month for the number to refresh enough each month ~ The Monthly Ephotozine Member Award. Highest Percentage with the tie break being the number of views and we could have multiple winners.

So back to my pain...

1189 / 200 / 16.8%

You're not joking either are you????
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
8 May 2007 9:31PM

Quote:And a quick suggestion ~ Why not have a monthly award based on this, ofcourse that would mean that you would have to uploaded at least 14 images in the month for the number to refresh enough each month ~ The Monthly Ephotozine Member Award. Highest Percentage with the tie break being the number of views and we could have multiple winners

I know I should be able to understand that, but.................
8 May 2007 9:37PM
I wonder if it's all these people calculating there lack of clicks at the same time that's bringing the site to a standstill yet again.
jjmills 9 153 Scotland
8 May 2007 9:41PM

Quote:I know I should be able to understand that, but.................

Let me try again...The Suggestion

The Monthly Ephotozine Member Award

To qualify you need to upload at least 14 images per month, nearly one every other day.

The last 32 image Stats are added together to give an overall percentage.

The highest percentage would win the award.

The tie break would be the total number of views and since there are a lot of members more than one memeber can win each month.

For me it would be...

Total Views = 1189
Total Votes = 200

Overall Percentage = 16.8%

Hope that is a bit clearer.

But I still need to know what everyone else is getting so that maybe you can ease my pain and let me know what are your stats...

John
bppowell 12 2.1k 2 England
8 May 2007 9:47PM
Total views =1999
Total votes = 595
overall % = 29.8 I hope

Some of the images are a lot older than one month

Barry
jjmills 9 153 Scotland
8 May 2007 9:55PM
Thanks

Barry

Quote:Some of the images are a lot older than one month

For my "Ease my Pain" as long it is the last 32...
Big Bri 13 15.6k United Kingdom
8 May 2007 10:05PM
Why ?

?
colin 10 697 5 Scotland
8 May 2007 10:10PM
This looks like something that could be added into the functionality of the stats page without too much effort I would think...maybe because I'm a numbers type that I'd be interested, or maybe I need to get a life! Wink
Anyway, I'd suggest that since V4 my stats have gone down, but that's just a hunch - Last 32 uploads - 1521 views; 302 clicks = 19.85%
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
8 May 2007 10:12PM
sigh...
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
8 May 2007 10:16PM
So let me get this right.
You're frustrated by your perceived shortage of votes and so, to remedy this frustration you're suggesting a competitive view/click percentage competition.
That's like getting poked in the right eye and by way of relieving the pain you poke yourself in the left eye to take your mind off your right eye.
8 May 2007 10:24PM

Quote:That's like getting poked in the right eye and by way of relieving the pain you poke yourself in the left eye to take your mind off your right eye.

LOL Smile
jjmills 9 153 Scotland
8 May 2007 10:26PM
Thanks Boyd...

How would I know if I have a shortage or not.

If I end up blind then so be it.

Your portfolio looks great but there is only 15 shots in there??? Thats your choice.

Mine is to stick my neck out risk my eyes and try and find out where I stand.

John

Oh and I did laugh...
csurry
12 9.2k 92
8 May 2007 10:26PM
Do you change your avatar to match your level of frustration Mike?

Daffy shrugging = sigh!

Can't wait to see some of the others Smile
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
8 May 2007 10:29PM
LOL!! No Cheryl... Daffy's been in place for about a week; just happens to be right for this occasion Smile

(He's staying btw...)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.